Life Lessons are hard, but I am realizing they are here for a reason... to make us stronger people and do good work while we are here on earth. But, they really are hard. And its not just me. The more I pay attention to people around me and what they say, it is easy to see that EVERYONE has struggles. And really, I feel embarassed to even complain about mine because they seem like a cake walk compared to what other people go through. So... please forgive me for being so whiney about my petty problems.
In all reality I am lucky. I have a job. I have a family's undying support. I have three beautiful children. And most importantly I have this man, this man that absolutely makes my world turn. I don't say these things for Blog world approval, I am not a fakey who cares about what most people think. I write, because it's my thing and somehow it takes a load off my shoulders at the end of the day.
I have decided that I need to be content for the moment. My life is good, and rather than trying to spend so much time changing it... I need to enjoy it. Yes, I am a just a nursing assistant right now. No, I don't have a college degree. No, I don't have the life of pedicures and shopping while my man makes the money. But what's wrong with a middle class life after all? NOTHING! I'm content. This is what life is, and it is so important not to get caught up in wanting what others have, because as I have been told by these people many times in the last three months, "the grass aint always greener." These people that have money, that have degrees, that have the job just ahead of mine..... they want kids, they want a husband, they want families that care. Isn't that just how the cookie crumbles?? We all want what we don't have. I thought that statement just applied to hair texture and color, but I guess not.
Soooo, here I am. And I will strive to just be right here at this moment. No looking ahead. No envy. No bitterness. Just be.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















4 comments:
I love watching "Real Housewives" It totally puts things into perspective for me. These women have toms of money and nanies and husbands, but their lives suck. They dont love there husband, they never spen time with their kids and all of their friends are totally fake. I totally agree with the saying "The grass aint always greener."
First, glad to see you blogging again woman! Second...my mom always used to tell me "the grass may be greener on the other side but it's probably astroturf!" and let me tell you it usually is the truth :)
Glad to see you back again! I agree with chelsey...... And I have learned from my own experience that I will think "oh if I only had a new car then I will be content, or not need anything else" but the truth is as soon as we get what we think we need then it's something else that we want. The trick is to be happy with what we have as I think you we saying you are grasping here :) ps...... Could you post new pictures?!? Im sure those cute girls are getting so big!
Well so far it's just been the a&p stuff but I do really like it. There is another class starting in November you should totally look into it! I am planning on doing a bridge program eventually (when the kiddos are older and I have more time to give)
I feel like right now with the kids so young, this amount of commitment to school is just right, it will be intense but not as intense as an rn program. For a 1 year commmitment its pretty decent $ too ;)
If you do want to talk to me about it feel free to call!
Oh and gongrats on the job offer!!! You should be proud of yourself-that is something that is hard to come by, especially in these crazy times...
Post a Comment