So.... Here we go, this'll be a good one!
I am 17 weeks pregnant with my 4th little one. It has been a roller coaster to say the least, but I am trying my best to be strong and keep up with my family and work life as a (somewhat) normal person. It has been hard I won't lie. Working 3 nights a week has literally killed me. Going without sleep can turn you into someone you never knew existed, its a trip I tell ya. On my 4 nights off I cart the girls to and from dance, catch up on laundry, make meals, fill cups, pick up toys.... you know all the normal mom stuff that goes unseen. Well, my prayers were answered... and after flip flopping on my work 3 times now going from Full time to part time, once and for all I am a Part Timer. THANK GOODNESS. Going from 3 nights to 2 might not seem like anything special, but let me tell you.... it is heavenly! It will be Heavenly.... starting February 18th! Woot.
So, the other night I was at work and before I left I noticed I had a pinkish show everytime I wiped from peeing. I put it off, just knowing it's probably nothing. I kept my eye on it. Around eleven o clock, I had a full on panic attack when I checked the TP to see bright red blood now. I ran to talk to my MGR, huffing and puffing of course. She looks at me and says, Its's Ok.... Its probably nothing... but could be low lying placenta, Placental Tear, placenta previa or just irritation of some sort. She is Labor and Delivery MGR, and they see stuff like this all the time, but for me.... this was awful. I have had 3 VERY normal non eventful pregnancies and this one has been drama since the moment I conceived I swear. So, she sent me to the Emergency Room, since I can't be seen in our OB triage until 20 weeks. Lame! So off to the ED I go. So embarassing at your own work!! Stripped down into my Red hospital gown, and went along with the agenda of a pelvic exam, Lab work and Ultra sound. And a little tylenol for the cramping that had begun after the pevlic exam... youch! I felt fine in every other aspect. I was watching TV laughing, hanging out. What was going on?!?! This baby is a booger, that what! So Im going to skip a major part of the story to tell you that I was discharged with news that baby and myself were A-OK, I just need to rest more and try not to be doing strenous activity on a daily basis. I was sent home for the night and not allowed to return to work. Sad song, right??!? Ha!
So back to the major part, now that you're done stressing I would tell you something awful. Okay so the ultrasound Tech comes into my room to take me back to check the baby and the placenta. She was lovely, we chatted casually the whole time, especially after she showed the steady heartrate of 140. She makes a comment like, Oh my Gosh this baby wont stop moving, What a stinker! I say
"Yeah I have heard she is a wild woman!"
-"Oh, you know what you're having already?"
"Yeah, a friend of mine scanned me early on like at 15 weeks and we saw the 3 lines clear as day!"
-"Oh, well that's funny, because there is HIS PENIS!!!!!"
"WHAT?!?!? No, it has to be cord!"
she looks at me halfway insulted that I would doubt her mad skills, and says "NO... thats a penis, look.... and there's the little testicals."
I can't even tell you the emotions that ran threw me. I felt like I needed to laugh and cry all at the same time. And I had NO ONE to call, bc Hello... it was 2 am! Thats when I cried... then I giggled thinking of my husband and how cute he would be when I casually told him that all of his dreams were coming true.
Wow. It was a rush.
Now, don't get me wrong, we were excited to had been having a girl, but we've been there done that x3... and it's been great. BUT this whole pregnancy has been somewhat of a like... um Life altering, pass out/throw up when we found out type of deal. And when we found out it was a girl, it was like we really had to question... What is it Lord that you have planned for us, because Wow... 4 girls is somewhat much. BUT now.... NOW that we know it is a boy, it is like the calm feeling of peace knowing that this is all in God's hands. The freak chance that I got pregnant while taking a medication that negated my birth control. The awful coincidence of getting pregnant again when jobs are in question, our investment property plate is very full and we are stretched very thin . There is SO much going on in our life right now before even considering a 4th baby. BUT we had prayed for a little man for a long time, and for some reason this is the timing that was chosen for us. We are so blessed regardless of having a boy or a girl, but it all just makes sense now knowing its our little boy we've dreamt about.
So, as you might imagine, upon telling Clint. He of course doubts me and says "It's probably a shadow in between her legs... don't get your hopes up!"
-As the day went on, he kept asking to see the picture and would say "So, do you really think its a boy?!?!"
-"I know its a boy", I said, "I saw it in action and not just in a still picture and there was definitely a weiner on the screen."
Finally two days later, he is convinced. We have our major Ultrasound next week and thats when he will be 100% convinced. BUT can I just tell you how giddy we are?!? I catch him just staring at me smiling, like he is just happy to be in the presence of his son growing inside me. It really feels like its our first again. It'll be silent, and one of us will say "I'm so excited, aren't you?!"
Its cute. Im loving it. The BEST part of all of this is that our girls Wanted a brother SO bad. They are so happy it is adorable. Chloe gets to share her room with the baby when he comes out of our room, and she has already cleared out a side of her closet for the clothes we have collected the past 2 days for him.
I go to bed tonight with a VERY full heart. Our house is happy. Our family is healthy. Chloe is embracing her role as big sister and is such a smart girl and a great leader in school and at home. Tayler is a joy to be around, she is happy to run around in dance clothes or a bathing suit and sing songs. Kylie is a little spitfire. Her glasses have brought out her inner spunk even more than ever. She loves playing mommy to her babies and idolizes her big sisters. What more could I ask for?
Nothing.
Night Night Friends......




















5 comments:
I saw your FB status and checked your blog immediately. Two words...tears and chills!! I am SO excited for you guys and can't even stand it!!
Oh my gosh! Best story ever, I literally had goose bumps!
So excited for you guys!
now the name game for a boy....
Yay!!! That is so exciting!!! Girls are wonderful, but it's nice to have boys too to experience raising both. I am so excited for you guys:) congratulations!
Congrats Aly!! How exciting to get a boy after three cute girls! I love being able to catch a glimpse into your life through your blog! I definitely need to update more often. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!!
Carli
Yay! congratulations your guys! Boys are super duper fun!! 3 girls and 1 boy, wow so fun! Here is our new blog kylekatieandkiddos.blogspot.com its been forever since I have been on mine lol Glad you guys are doing good! Katie
Post a Comment