Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Oh My Disgusting!

I am half way embarassed to even be blogging about this... but I have to blog about everything, so Hey... what the heck? So, a little background * I have this weird phobia of Heads... or scalps rather! There is something about all of the hairs coming out of the head and, yuck, just all of it grosses me out* Anyways, you have to know this is going to be a gross story about a scalp! A little more background, just as more of a disclaimer, We are a very clean family! My kids get baths every day, wear clean clothes everyday, never have boogers hanging from their noses or food dried on their faces.... I try very hard to keep them very clean, I take a lot of pride in their appearance :) Ok, so here it comes.... brace yourself... Saturday after Chloe watering the garden with her Dad, we ate dinner, took baths, and then as I was brushing Chloe's hair I came across a Tic! Yuck, even saying it is making want to puke again. I was in absolute shock, completely freaking out. Then I knew I had to be a Mom about this and sit Chloe down and get the nasty thing OUT! So I heated a needle and poked the end of the body and it came out. (Is anyone Nauseous yet?!) So after all of the comotion, I figured it was fine... we live in such an Agriculturish part of town and she probably got it out in the garden.

The story doesn't end here. So I keep checking on her owie and making sure it is clean and not infected. Then I realized she was having a lot of low grade fevers, so I put two and two together and figured it was probably infected. So we went to the Doc and sure enough... it is! Poor baby girl. Now she is on antibiotics, and Not allowed in the garden for a while!! I figured Karma was repaying me for always being so grossed out by the innocent little kids who had lice.

I have learned my lesson, its not about how clean or dirty a kid is.... its about how many things they do and how many friends they have that puts them at risk for the nasty little bugs and viruses that are out there. Washing and bathing kids is the most important thing ever, so they can wash away most of those nasty things they come across with on a day to day basis. We will end with two cute little pictures of my girlies.




11 comments:

the bero's said...

thats not super bad...when i started reading this, i thought you were going to say they have lice! then i would have been grossed out, but a tic, don't feel bad about it. you live in the country!

Alexa Mae said...

awww poor baby girl!! im such a paranoid person that i just checked maddix's head!! haha thats crazy, id be freaking out!! good thing you knew what to do. and now i will know what to do, in case that ever happens. i cant believe she got an infection?? thats crazy! hopes shes okay!

Unknown said...

I am the same way about having "clean" kids! I would have been equally as grossed out as you were! Good thing there was only 1 and you got it out. That is so weird that there was an infection though?? How big was this Tic? Also where the heck do you live--are you Queen Creek or something?

Porter and Karla said...

ha ha ha. it does make me wish i gave elizabeth a bath tonight ha ha but she just fell asleep on her own. i just read your last post about going to school and i just have a little to say about that . . . everything has a season, meaning there is a time for one thing right now and other things that will come later. i have always wanted to do nursing but i figure this is the season to raise my family and you kids are only little once. i figure when my youngest goes to kindergarden i will persue my education. . then everyone has homework time, even mom! we are still younge and everything does not have to get accomplished at once but your family needs your time the most at this time:) and yes chop your hair!!!!!

Courtney said...

Oh, that's not gross at all. You did a great job and were a great mom Aly! Way to go!!!

Megan Swiatkowski said...

Poor Chloe. I'm dreading the day Savannah has some sort of bug on/ in her hair, but I'm sure the day will come. I love those pictures of the girls. They are so cute. Tayler is changing a lot!! You definitely should plan something for Clint's birthday. That would be a lot of fun. When is it?

Jake & Sarah Salmon said...

ahhh!! Tics are so discusting!! One time Jake and I were at a park and one fell on my forehead out of a tree! I was just like you...freaking out. I'm going to have to start being a little less judgemental myself & not blame little innocent kids for having lice and tics. hahaha

Jenna said...

Your so funny Aly! I think that happens to kids more often than we think. Such cute pictures, Tayler is always so smily! Where is that huge sandbox that Chloe is playing in?

TrAvIs aNd SaVaNnA said...

Ah the girls are so cute:) Ya tics aren't that bad,but its good you found it!!! My parents are coming down this weekend. We should all get together, and do dinner or something!

Mary Taylor said...

You tell the best stories!! I'm totally the same way!! I'm sure I'll encounter much worse with my own kids. When it comes to little ones, there's only so much you can do to keep them away from bugs and such. I admire your courage, way to be a good mom!!

Theresa said...

Oh my god that is CRAAAAZZZYYYY!!!!!!! I am totally the same way about the snotty noses, and eye crusties....eww, you're right just saying it makes me naushous sp???.....amyway! Justin is in Cali till I finish school he got a really good job there and is doing really good, so I am stuck here with Ryland till I finish...I hate being away from him.....Where are you guys living?