Wednesday, August 13, 2008

An Organized Life????

So My life has not been super exciting the last couple weeks, and my computer is not letting me upload pics- so this will be a boring post. I have been working a lot and that is all going well. I have a new motivation that I want to go back to school and get my nursing degree... so so badly. I am just not sure when is the right time! How do you ever know the right time to take on something that essentially will take over my life for the next two years. I only have three pre reqs left before I can actually apply to the program which is about two years. It feels so close....yet so unreachable! So, this is why they tell you to go to school before you have kids.... AHa! Now I get it. It is so hard. I might just have to wait until they are in school and a little more independent, Not sure, any advice????

Then as I am telling Clint my grand plans, he innocently says,
"Well what about our little boy?"

"Um....What little boy? Do you know something I do not????"

"No i just thought for sure in two years we would definitely have another" (Which he just knows and we are both hoping will be a boy!)

"Oh, Ok, Well we better put the kids to bed and get to work then huh?" LOL

So anyways, now I guess enduring another 10 months of carrying a child and all the fun stuff that comes after is in my cards as well. I just feel so overwhelmed with the need to layout my life like a schedule! How do people make it all work... I dont get it! You know whats funny too?I think I am going to chop my hair off again.... its so funny, because My hair is what I take everything out on when things are really up in the air in my life, I like to change it drastically. Ask any of my Hairdressers... its my drug!

Advice would be great if you have any... and what do you think about me cutting my hair again in a cute A Line Bob??? Too trendy? Any other cute cuts out there right now? Thanks for listening to my rant :)

13 comments:

Jake & Sarah Salmon said...

That post was actually pretty fun to read..not a boring post at all. So are you going to really try to have a boy anytime soon? If so maybe we could be preggers buddies! That would definately be fun! Or are you gonna wait until you get nursing school over with? As far as trying to fit everything into your life... that is pretty stressful but I think you & Clint have done a fantastic job so far. I know you will figure it out & make it work out perfectly. And as far as cuting your hair..I say do it!! A cute A line is definately trendy but oh so cute. But thats just my opinion. I think you should do some fun color change and get a really cute A line bob. It would look so so cute. Anyway, hope to see some pictures up soon of you and your new do! :)

the bero's said...

so, if you do get prego and have another girl, then what? are you going to try again? kake is dying for a boy already! and stella is only 3 months!

the bero's said...

*jake*---oops...

Jenna said...

I agree, not a boring post at all. hmmm... what to do. well if you do go back to school now, the only thing that will be hard is figuring out when to get pregnant again because once you are an RN, you're probably gonna want to work right away and do you want your 2nd and 3rd to be that far apart? Or you could just have another one now and know that you're done and then go to school and not worry about having any more kids. But then that's scary too if you do have another girl because i know you guys are dying to have a little boy! So i am basically no help at all, it's so hard to figure this stuff out when you have kids already! I know you'll figure it out though, you always do! Good luck girl!

Unknown said...

I seem to always find more excuses to NOT go to school than to actually go. I talk myself out of it all the time. It is so worth it in the long run to go and get a degree but it is hard to see the end in sight with kids at home and bills to pay!
I say just go for it now! Take your pre rec classes at night so your hubby can watch the girls, then apply for the program. My mom is in the nursing program right now at Gateway and she is 49 years old! It is never to late.... but it seems that you'd be happier achieving your goals and having your dream job sooner than later.
Hope this makes sense....it seems as if I am rambling...

Bonnie said...

Hey Aly! Well you wanted a little advice about a good time to go to Nursing school? Well...from someone who is currently in Nursing school (2 semesters left! a woo hoo!) here goes. You need all the time in the world. As much free time as you can get. Which I imagine isn't much with 2 little ones. I would wait until they are both in school if time is the issue. I have a hard enough time finding moments to spend with my husband. He is sadly neglected during the school year. I can't even imagine doing it with children. It's a full time job to be in Nursing school, I'm sure you already have heard that. But on the other hand, I know plenty of girls in my program who have children, and they are making it work. You are a smart and determined girl so I'm sure if you set your mind to it (and if Clint could be superdad/husband!) you could accomplish it. Let me know if you have any questions, happy to help! Go for it eventually though, it's worth it!

Courtney said...

Hi Aly,

Yeah, that's a really tough one. And you and I both know that I can't give you the answer. The best advice I can give you is to be scrupulously honest with yourself (that's what a therapist friend of mine always says and I think it's very smart).

I'm in a similar position as you right now. Well, I'm not wondering if I should have a baby. But I am at a crossroads in life. I'm thinking of going back to school but I'm also wondering if that's the right decision. I don't want to make a mistake.

It turns out that if I think about it (with scrupulous honesty) that's the decision that really excites me. The logistics might not work out right away but it feels right. What feels right to you Aly?

Mommy's Five Minute Break said...

Your post was very entertaining. I wish I could give you some great inspiring advice but I don't really have any. I think you just need to follow your heart. (that sounds so lame) You said recently that you are not ready to have another infant so maybe you should try to go back to school while you are so motivated. You would be a great nurse. And, I think the hair cut sounds cute.

TrAvIs aNd SaVaNnA said...

Hey Aly!!! Its Savanna! I made a blog because I have been so bored. I just moved to the valley though!! If you ever want me to watch the girls I would LOVE to I'm not doing anything till school starts:)

Alexa Mae said...

i liked reading that, it was fun!! you are amazing!! trying to even work and raise 2 kids at the same time is admirable, and now going to school!! your super mom!! i cant give you any advice because i dont even work. but my kids are 2 and 3 and i have a lot more freedom (so to say) than i did a year ago. so maybe waiting till they were a lil older would help tons. as for your hair...do it!! i love changing things, its fun! and im gonna bet your next baby will be a boy, and if you having 3 kids might as well get the 3rd one out sooner rather than later!! good luck!! haha

TrAvIs aNd SaVaNnA said...

Hey!! Ya I will definitely come over. Im having some serious withdraws not seeing my family everyday. i think your hair would look super cute if you cut it like that

Jacque said...

I know this predicament and its tough. When we first moved out to Arkansas I wanted to go to school so bad but then we found out we were having 2 little babies. My best advice for you is to go to school when you're the most motivated. Start back slow with taking the prerequisites you need. Thats what I'm going to try to do once the boys get a little older and Kevin can handle them on his own. As for your hair I say go for it! Who cares if the a-line bob is trendy it is super cute and I know you will find a way to make it your own.

Mary Taylor said...

I really don't have any advice because I sometimes feel the same way. It's just good to know other people feel as overwhelmed as I do :) Love your rants!