Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Love is in the Air

While I wish the air smelled lovely in my home.... right now it smells more of vomit and diarrhea. Yum! This is just perfect considering I am hosting a giant party here in two days.... Welcome stress and the pulling out of my hair.

So it is May 4th which means so many things! My anniversary is in two days. Four Years. What amazing moments have filled those four years. Three babies have entered the world. We have had a lot of great times, romantic times, some tragic times, hard times, fights, door slams, phones thrown at walls (won't mention any names {Me}) Yes, 4 years of wedded bliss I will be elebrating with my Man this weekend. One thing is for sure... I am so thankful to be in LOVE--- not just love him, but to BE IN LOVE with him is magical!

My Baby, Mychunkolove, the sweetest spirit I call Kylie Jo will be 1 in one month. It just can't be! I will try not to be too cliche by getting crazy emotional over my daughter's first birthday. But who can blame the crazy bloggin Moms about blubbering over the saddness/triumph of a first birthday!

Mothers Day is a couple days away. This is a hard day for me. I often get my hopes up that Clint will surprise or me or do something fabulous to sweep me off my feet and let me know how much he appreciates me mothering his three children---- but lets get real people, He is a Man. Like a Real Man, who just doesn't get it, unless I was to slide him a Memo that this is what NEEDS to be done, but who wants to demand their fantasy, huh?! Like said earlier... I married him, I know him, I signed up!

I have a midterm on Saturday. Wow. I feel like I am in the big time that I can say the phrase "Midterm" again. And possibly blame my dark circles, and dark sunglasses on the fact that I, so stylishly have been up studying for a midterm. Ha!

Pictures. My girls have dance pictures this weekend, which pretty much translates to Highway Robbery for a halfway decent picture of your kid in costume. Last year I ditched and was scolded by other mothers, that I ruined the Group picture for not bringing Chloe. hmmmmmmmm, I guess I will have to suck it up this year.

It was just yesterday tha I realized my plate.... MIGHT be too full. We were planning to go to Clint's family's cabin in Flagstaff and were beginning to get excited, when I flipped my Calendar to May and saw pencil marking already filling the weekend... I began to sweat. I had to explaining to do, to both my husband and my inlaws. Ugh! There is nothing worse than the embarassment of double booking yourself. My head is scattered. I have info in my brain and info on my calendar and the two DO NOT coincide, but I am working on getting more organized!

My stress level is high these days. I am trying to stay clam and not snap at my girls for being toddlers {bratty}, but it is so hard! Seriously, really HARD. I am not sure if I have ever blogged before about how difficult being a Mom is.

Hope all is well in YOUR life today.

* Did I mention to tell you I puked at Fry's.......EVERYWHERE?! I'll tell that story next week.

*Do you want to come to the party in 2 days?! A fun boutique with great vendors! Email Me.... your invited!

5 comments:

Dustin and Tiffany said...

You did NOT puke at Fry's?!! OMG! Embarassing! Can't wait to hear that one. LOL!

Jacque said...

Aly, its totally hard being a mom and doing school full time. I know how hard it is and it sucks when you have to "miss out" on family trips. We've had to do a lot of that too lately and it's totally hard. But, it'll all pay off once you are done with school. You are totally AMAZING! :)

Unknown said...

If this mom knows anything....she knows that mother's day comes and it goes and the hardest days are the ones you realize you've earned the title of "mom" and when you look back Aly, I promise you, those days will mean thousands times more than the card your real man picked up so as not to disappoint. Your girls and your husband need you and love you, "mom" is a gift in itself. Oh and I love you even after the recital ticket mosh pit fiasco, your world is complete!!!

Alexa Mae said...

Eeeekkk puking at Frys? That has got to be a great story (not at the time tho). You are great Aly! I cannot believe all that you do. You are such a go getter! Happy anniversary to you and clint...make it extra special!!!

my bets are that clint will pull through this year ;)

Chelsey Howard said...

Your not a bad mom for blogging about your kids driving you nuts sometimes. That's life. I blog about it too. i'm sorry you guys aren't feeling good:( I hope they get better fast. You really do have a lot on your plate!! Let me know if you ever just wanna drop the girlies off so you can get homework and other stuff done. My kids LOVE to have friends over!