Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Strength to be Tested

we all have an inner strength that is to be tested at some points in our lives. Tragedy, Trauma, Stress, Illness..... for all of us it is different. But the same feeling of exhaustion may be the same. The same feeling of doubt of whether we will make out of this day alive. With Faith and the help of loved ones around us it seems to always help those in need tread water at best.

Okay, so things are not that bad here! My life is blissfull. My Kids are healthy and beautiful. My husband adores me. Our mortgage is pais every month. Pantry filled with groceries. No deaths in the family..... everyone is seemingly healthy with a few bumps here and there. I am thankful. With all of this pre stated........... I now will get to the point and tell you I am stressed!! Stress consumes me these days and I have begun to wonder if my life has gotten all that more crazy of if I am becoming more weary and weak at handling it all. I mean I will be honest, my life is nothing for the weary kind!

Figuring out a plan, deciding where Clint and I are going with our lives, and trying to chase our dreams at the same time is really a tough challenge. We continue to chug along with what is comfortable, but are wondering at what point things might need to change for the better of our family. So decisiong have been made and I am now working. and loving it. I really like my job... I love the adrenaline of all of the crazy people I come across, and I was just handed the opportunity to be trained in blood draws and cath insertion--- which makes me all googly eyed and excited!

But with the hours being put into work comes sacrifices. Sacrfices from Myself, Clint, the girls and others around me. Chloe has expressed to me that she doesn't like that I work, MANY of times. And at the first ring of it... I shuddered and was borderline ready to put my 2 weeks in. But from a wise friend of mine I received advice at this is the time to teach her about Hard work and dedication. I sat down with her and told her all the reasons Mom and Dads have to do the things we do to lead successfull lives and raise great kids. She was glossy eyed about three seconds into out talk. HA! at least I tried.

So yes. I am not sick, I am not lacking any blessings, I am not suffering from any trauma.... but the Lord is definitely testing my strength. Strangth of emotions. Strength of exhaustion. Strength of insanity, literally. Hopefully I am passing the test. If I dare even vocalized the thought that was going through my head that I might take another class online soon----- I know my loved ones would truthfully be ready to murder me! BUT in my defense. I know that as long as I can tread water with my classes, I will be an RN before I know it. And with that will free up some stress from Clint and let him chase some dreams of his own! I love that Man and would do anything for him including putting one more serving on my already piling over the top dinner plate.

So that was a heavy post, right? How about some pictures?!?!

Chloe has been in Vacation Bible School all week (Every night this week, she goes to Central from 545 to 830 to learn songs, stories and games with a bazillion other kids) she is loving it and making her Mommy proud. The first night she freaked out about the shirt she had to wear (because it is just a regular shirt, not fitted or girly) and told me "Mom, I don't want to look silly, I'd rather look cute" OMG. I explained to her, she is darling in anything she wears, but maybe if she wears her skinnys and heels with it it might make her feel more girly. She took the bait!

The other pics are just random...............











5 comments:

Dustin and Tiffany said...

Ahhhh girl you are amazing! I think my life is crazy busy and it's nowhere near the fast pace life that yours is! You are a wonder mom in my book!

The Oxford Family said...

Skinnys and heels! Could she be more girly?!?! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Als,
Im so sorry things are stressful for you right now. I can't even imagine...you have so much going on right now. You are one of the strongest women I know though and I know you'll get through all this. You have already accomplished so much...you are doing this!!!! You are amazing. Just wanting you to know I'm thinking of you and praying for you. love ya...

Porter and Karla said...

your kids will definitely see your hard work:) life is full of so many decisions, how did we ever think jr high or high school was stressful haha. Your girls are so precious and I love the bit about the skinny jeans and heels.

Greg♥Amelia said...

Keep doing what you're doing! I'm sure it is not easy but you are a great example to your little ones!