Hello Blog Friends. I sit at work right now. Some down time is allowing me to update my page. Thank Goodness, right.
I had a birthday. Another year older! It's still fun, but getting a little scary.
I have a new nephew :) He is absolutely adorable. Zac John Pritchert is his name and we adore him! Pictures to come.
My daughters are protesting against my busy schedule, and it makes me sad.... really sad.
So, as all mothers know being a Mom is hard. Yeah, enough said. I mean truthfully, how is it even possible to do it all without sacrificing something?? I have so many things on my mind that I want to get done or do or acheive or accomplish. That I think is where the term "Life is too short" comes in. Life is short and it is hard to be the best at everything in our short time here. It's time for me to set priorities of importance. As if I hadn't already?!?! My Family comes absolutely first. I am a part time worker. I need to be a great daughter and sister. I try to be a good friend. I really want to have a smokin body, but I am having a hard time squeezing this in currently. I want to keep up with school. Most importantly.... I don't want my babies to miss me. I don't want them to wait by the window. I don't want kylie to cry everytime I set her down in fear that I will leave for twelve hours. I don't want my kids to think a trip to Grandmas means I will leave them there. I want them to feel secure.
Am I failing, or barely sliding by? I can't figure it out just yet.
One thing I have figured out is my friend count is dwindling, because I don't have time to be a good friend. I have my besties and my SILs who "get it". They know me and how busy I am and that I still love them when I ignore there call during my afternoon nap. Thank goodness for these girls!! I love them.
Life is moving by so fast people. And I really am beginning to get winded. I'm out of breath just looking at the calendar.
Should I worry anymore about playdates or just spend my extra time laying around and reading books and watching movies with my girls?? I don't even know how to run my life anymore!
mmkay. thx for listening. time to get to my PTs!
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















4 comments:
You are always a busy gal! I do think you know what is best and most important, raising strong and confident ladies! Of course being a good wife, daughter, sister, friend, etc... I think it's important to do something you enjoy when you have the time. Whether its reading a book or going out with friends it doesn't have to be one or the other, one day you might want one, the next the other. Don't commit to things you (or your girls) don't enjoy just because you feel obligated. This is one thing that I finally stopped doing about 2 years ago! I always felt I HAD to do it just because I was invited...nope, not anymore ;) take a deep breath and just keep on going! you are doing a great job! Oh and as you get older your friend list just tends to get thinner...sad but true :(
i honestly think you are one of the only people that is juggling life as much as me. hang in there! and hang with your kids...we'll NEVER get these days back!
i regret so much of these past years sacrificing the alone time i should've had with my girls and now their off to preschool!
Yay! Can't wait to see pictures of Zac! Life IS so crazy! I'm so glad that you have such a wonderful supportive family, nothing can replace that! I know your girls are having trouble adjusting now but soon they'll be used to this new schedule (hopefully you too) and things will fall back into a routine. I hear you about the friend count dwindling... I'm right there with you but most friends are in the same situation and it's nice to know they won't take offense and this busy stage of life because they're going through it too. Trying to figure out how to be a good mom, pay bills, keep house clean, sleep, oh and being a wife (and all that that entails)....
You do way too much. You've got to cut back. Some things can wait. I know its hard and you want to accomplish things now. I think every mom wants to finish school and work and be a super soccer mom and the perfect cook and have the perfect home and be super HOT!! But its all about finding balance, I think you do a pretty good job. But I just dont know how you sleep with everything else you have going on. Good luck.
Post a Comment