Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Have you ever said this???

I hate my life???... well I said it today as a Firetruck pulled up to my car with full sirens blaring and two policemen in tow. Haters Relax, of course I love my kids and husband... but days like today make me want to rewind 10 years and go sleep in my room at me Mommy and Daddy's house!!! Waaaa.

Ok, so here we go. I went to the grocery store so Clint and I could eat appropriate food for our new diet, HA! Long Story. When we checked out I ended up taking Ky out of her seat and holding her. So when we got to the car I turned the car on {Anyone have a mysterious car that no matter how many times you change the settings it STILL locks as soon as you put the key in the ignition} and laid Ky down on my front seat. I of course left the door open, because I know how retarded {sorry} my car is. BUT as I turned to put the other two in the car by Big Butt... did I mention my diet... knocked the door shut. NOOOOOOO!!!!!! I saw it happening but couldn't get to it soon enough.

"Shit!" I say, freakin pissed off at myself

"Mom you gonna get hot sauced when we get home" says Chloe

"I know honey, I know."

So I call 911, I know it is considered an emergency if your kid is in a locked car without you. And I didn't think anyone else could get to me sooner. Waaaa. Gave my info. They said they would be there in a few minutes. So I sit waiting. Peering in my windows to make sure Ky is ok. I will consider Eyes Shut, thumb in mouth... an ok state I guess!

People pass by and I wished I had some "Here's your sign" posters to hand out, because about 15 people stopped and said "You locked out of your car?"

But none were as persistent as the Retired detroit officer. Yep, he showed me his badge. He hung around asked a couple passer bys if they had a GM key... weird, if it were that easy people would just steal cars.

And in pulls the firetruck blaring its sirens with two police cars following just behind. It was at this point I mumbled... "I hate my life." I was like a fish in a fish bowl. Anyone and everyone unloading groceries stopped and decided to watch to see what had happened. I died pretty much. So another 15 minutes and wabamm they had my door open. They were all Laughing that she had slept the whole time. She had no idea she was on a freakin episode of Rescue 911. She was like simba... everyone watched and sighed when I got her out. OMG. Just another day in my life :)


I Love you Rural Metro Fire Dept! Thank You Thank You Thank You!

Of course I don't hate my life, this story is hysterical now that I am not in the moment. Plus when you get to wake up to this... you are truly blessed!

7 comments:

Matt and Hilary said...

I am dying! That is the funniest thing I have ever heard. Of course not at that moment! I am sorry you had to go through that... your mom just told me that story about 10 min. ago on the phone so I had a feeling I might be able to read all about it on here, and I'm glad I did! Love you lady!

Unknown said...

OH my gosh! I am dying for you! That is my biggest fear. I would have cried--did you?

They don't charge you for that, do they??

Jenna said...

Oh my scary!! Thank goodness little Kylie just slept the whole time, what a sweetie! Glad you can laugh about it now, that sounds awful!

I'm wondering the same thing, do you have to pay for that? Why did an ambulance have to come??

SloneFamily said...

No I didn't have to pay for it because a baby was in the car it is considered an emergency... No ambulance, Just a firetruck... they are the ones who are trained to get locked doors open.

Megan Swiatkowski said...

Oh Al, I'm dying a little bit for you right now!!! I'm sure EVERYONE and their mother was staring. Of course sweet little Kylie just slept the whole time. I'm glad they didn't charge you.

andermom said...

Many years ago I locked Aaron (now 26) in the car after strapping him in his car seat. I was in the Costco parking lot and also quite a spectacle. There was an off duty fireman there and he got the door open in a flash. But I was mortified that I had done that to my 10 day old baby! I feel for ya! Makes a great story though! :)

The Oxford Family said...

seriously so funny in a not so funny way! glad all is well!