Sunday, April 25, 2010

Potatoes in Sippy Cups

This weekend I was a single mother. My husband tended to the Turkeys up north and was gone since Thursday. I have stayed busy. Between school, family stuff, and driving back and forth to my Moms.... it flew by!

Saturday we had giant family pictures..... The entire side of my Moms family, family reunion ish. It was fun! All the way in Scottsdale, eh no fun. Saturday night the girls and I went back to my Moms house. She had planned on taking them Barbie shopping while I finished my Potato Lab that was due at midnight. As I started working, I realized I forgot some of my stuff at home, and my dogs needed to be let in, so unfortunately I had to drive back home with kylie..... while they shopped.

Ky and I got back home. I put her to bed and worked on my lab. Then I got a call that a little girl named Chloe was devastated that she forgot her Snow White Barbie here at home.... and their city of Barbies at Namy's house just wouldn't be the same without her. So when Ky woke up I loaded her and potatoes soaking in saltwater into sippy cups into the car and planned to finish everything at my moms and stay the night there.

It was at this moment that I realized I am a MOM over a STUDENT. And this journey I am taking is not going to be easy, but it will be worth it.

When the clock struck 11:55 pm I rubbed my eyes and face and clicked SUBMIT. The assignment was done. I was exhausted, but it was done.

I love this journey, it is a new experience and someday my kids will look back and be proud of what Mom did to give them a better life.


New Things around these Parts: Chloe is officially enrolled in Pre School. 3 yr old class. Anyone who knows me knows I have been struggling with whether or not to put her into Kindergarten before her cutoff (She is October, cutoff is September). I have prayed and prayed about it and spoke to a wonderful preschool teacher who put me at ease. Chloe is mature and very smart and usually hangs around with four and five year olds..... BUT she is three right now, and I refuse to rush another instance in my life and look back and regret. So she shall be in the three year old classfor the next year, the next year she will see little Kenzie off to Kindergarten (even though I always hoped these two would stay together) and stay in Pre K until she 5 and 10 months. But that is the way things are meant to be, and instead of trying to change things to fit my way, I will surrender!

I am teaching Dance now at CLUB DANCE on Saturday Mornings from 9-10 am for two and three year olds, and 10-11am for three to four year olds. BRING YOUR BABIES. I would love to have them. And this studio is great for little ones :)Tap Jazz Tumbling---- and Tap Ballet Tumbling

And I am also awaiting on another opportunity in the Medical field which will really open more doors for me come Nursing School time......... will keep you posted!

I am trying Everyday to be SuperMom, I will let you know when I have it 100% figured out.

3 comments:

Dustin and Tiffany said...

Ya- when you figure out how to be SuperMom, fill me in on your secret. I have been searching for the supermom add-on pack for almost four years- no luck! You're amazing- or crazy I'm not sure which!

andermom said...

Coming from another preschool teacher. Smart move for Chloe! Much better to be one of the older kids. She'll be a leader for sure and with that will come lots of confidence. :)

Chelsey Howard said...

You are crazy! So your going to school, a mom of 3 and now your teaching dance too!!! WOW!! I would love to have my girls take your dance class!!! I'll look into it. Knowing you would be there teacher is very tempting!!