Saturday, July 12, 2008
The Sleeping Saga
So, I tried all of your advice, but tried the DR.'s advice the hardest... we went and got a baby gate to block off her room at night. So that way she had to stay in there even if she was screaming and whatever. Basically so I could still practice the Cry it out method- minus the crib... eventually she would fall asleep. I was sure it would work.Well, Chloe had other plans. She was hysterical, and launched herself over the baby gate! OMG this girl is going to be an athlete of some sort... she bails over any obstacle in her way. Ok, so I have good news now! Chloe is sleeping in her "Big Girl" bed at night, but she has let us know her conditions. Um, Yes... our daughter has conditions for us. Right now, she is napping in Mom and Dad's room and sleeping in her room at night as long as someone lays in there with her until she falls asleep, and anytime after 5 am that she wakes up... she can come into our bed and sleep for a couple more hours. It's not ideal, but it is working for the moment. My biggest situation was getting her out of my room at night. And honestly, I dont care where she naps as long as she is napping BY HERSELF without argument. So there you have it... it worked itself out. I wish I could be a mom who has it all together and doesn't except any shananigans from her kids , but I feel like I have to choose my battles, and that is the way everyone in our family can be happy. We are all now sleeping at night... with exception to 3 nightime feedings for Tayler, Ugh... she will be my next battle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















2 comments:
I love your new layout! So cute. I'm glad Chloe is sleeping through the night now! YAY!
What a great story about your daughter launching herself over the gate. Kids are so funny. It sounds like being a mom is a new adventure everyday.
Post a Comment