Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Room Ideas

Ok everyone...of course I have already started stressing what I will do with our room situation when Slone Baby #3 arrives. We have a 4th room that is a Den, but I do not want to close it off and make it a room, so I think we will be combining the girlies and giving Baby its own room. So my dilemma is I dont know whether or not to but Chlo and Tay in Toddler beds...seeing as they will only use them for another year or so, or put them in Twin beds right next to eachother separated by a nightstand, or if I should put them in a Bunk sort of thing. I think a bunk may be scary for now, because they are both still so young.

I also need help with a theme. I have a real pastel pink/purple on the wal right now that I am not painting over, but I would like to make the room a little more "Big Girl" rather than the nursery it is now from when Chloe was a baby.

I found two really cute things.... they both are more than my budget, but maybe you all can help me build on my ideas....Any interior Decorators out there want to lend your minds??????? I really want to incorporate black and white...so I was thinking of using something with Zebra. The two pictures at the end of the girls I am going to make into Gallery Canvas wraps and put them on the walls...very big, as Art.
So for anyone who is still with me after this long rant, Thank You, and I would love your opinion.





10 comments:

Courtney said...

Hi Aly,

Check out this one:
http://www.simplybunkbeds.com/twin-over-twin/wood-bunk-beds/savannahbookcasetwinovertwinbunkbed.cfm

I wanted to post the picture but I don't think people who comment can do that.

Anyway, I think this one is good because I think you can start it out as two twin beds but then change it into bunk beds later on. Not sure though. :)

I love the canvas poster deal! Those are great pictures!!! :)

Miss ya'
Court

Unknown said...

OHH..I love the last picture! I think those are perfect size-- not too big for them. I love the zebra with the hint of pink and purple too..
Also check out JcPenny online they have a really cute twin bed that a trundle can go under. So you save space. You can just push it back under when the girls are awake!

Kacie and Cody said...

Hey Girl!! I haven't talked to you in a little while and I just had to say congrats on being pregnant! I am so excited for you!! I wish I could give you advice about the rooms but I am no decorator! haha. Let's get together soon! I hope you like your car candles!

Megan Swiatkowski said...

Those pics. of the girls are so cute. I can't wait to see them on the canvases!! I'm sure you will come up with something cute for the girls' room. That bunk bed in the last picture is cool. Have you looked at Ikea? I've heard they have cool kids' beds. My friend has two boys that share a room and they have a bunk bed and the bottom bunk has drawers all the way around it for storage. Both boys end up sleeping together in the bottom bunk and she doesn't mind because it keeps them out of her room. And she figures when they're older one of them will end up wanting the top bunk. Just an idea......Have you looked on overstock.com for bedding? I don't know if they have anything cute right now...but the price is usually decent! See ya Friday.

Alexa Mae said...

hey email me your phone number to alexahall@tmail.com i have some ideas. the bedding is soooo cute. toddler beds are good but like you said only for a little while longer.but the twin beds would probably last the longest. i was just thinking that the you could get 2 twins now and when your new baby grows out of the crib he/she could take the twin, then you can get the girls bunks?? give me your number so i can give ya some info.

Alexa Mae said...

oh p.s.
how do you make big canvas pics??? and where??? lemme know!!!

Alexa Mae said...

hey i tagged you....take a look!

Krystal Arnett said...

I love the pics of the girls. We are going to do fam pictures soon and I want to put them on canvas. I think it is so cute. I wouldn't do toddler beds. I think they are a waste of money. Ever thought about craigslist. I got Emi and Matix's beds from it, but I like vintage stuff so it worked for me. I got a few different old, white pieces for Emi's room that I am putting appliques and pink crystal knobs on and I got wooden bunk beds for the boys that we painted the potterybarn blue. They turned out really cute and were a lot cheaper than buying new. People are really good about letting you look before you buy. Good luck.

Bonnie said...

Hey Aly, I think the twin beds idea is a really good one because they can both grow into them and you won't have to worry about getting new beds for a long long time. A big plus on the budget! I really like the zebra theme too. A little factoid for you. Infants respond more and are more interested in black and white than colors! So even though it seems weird to decorate a babies room black and white, it could turn out really cute with the right theme and it's better for their tiny little minds. They just love it for some reason. Just food for thought! Post when you decide what to do. I'm so excited for you!

Jake & Sarah Salmon said...

Wow aly those black and white pictures of your girls are so cute. You should definitely frame those!