Thursday, February 12, 2009

Keeping Busy





Meet Chloe's best friend George... who was my little Cabbage Patch baby FOREVER!


Well, I have been neglecting my blog for sure...but luckily we have been busy lately and I have somewhat of an excuse. I couldn't tell you with what, but just silly errands here and there, dinner out, doctors appointments, house cleaning... the Usual!

Chloe had a flare up yesterday with her Eczema, according to her Doc she has a nasty case and if she comes anywhere near soap her whole body will flare up. So she now is on a super strong cream and an Antihestamine (sp?) that completely knocks her out at night... YAY for me, she has been sleeping in her bed all night now! She is my little HAM though. My goodness. Everything is "Aly can you come here?" "Aly, Leave me be!" "Aly... we're just playing in my room, ok?" Hello, when did my 2 year old turn into my 15 year old friend???????? But she is great, I cannot complain... I have been blessed with really sweet kids. Chloe's still doing amazing at dance- Her teacher today pulled me aside and said she just wishes she could have 10 of Chloe! Aww it makes me feel so proud! Last update on Chloe, she is 100% potty trained. She has not worn a diaper in over a week, and has also not had any accidents.... NOT EVEN AT NAP TIME! Woo Hoo. I never thought she would be fully fully trained. I still panic at night and put her in a diaper, but a couple mornings she will wake up dry. She is doing absolutely fabulous. I am so proud of my Babe!

Tayler, oh Tayler! She is just my little sprout of energy. Always chasing after someone or climbing up on furniture that is twice her size. She is definitely my monkey. She is using more and more words-- saying Thank you, Juice, Shoes, Baby, No No No, My Bottle, and Kitty and Puppy every now and then. I thought she would never say anything other than Eh Eh Eh whines. She is sleeping almost all the way through the night... for those of you that know Tay, she was waking up 4 times a night, ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS! Now she gets one juice cup a night and thats it. We are finally turning a corner. Tayler is also taking after her sister and Mama... she LOVES to dance. Any time she hears a beat drop, you better believe that girl will be swaying to the music or waving her hands in the air. Tayler is one that has always stayed true to her personality as a baby, she is sweet and quiet around everyone else... but at home she is a little Sassy Pants, I have a feeling she is going to be my "handful"!

I love my girls and am so extremely proud of the kids they are growing into :)

Baby seems to be doing just fine. She is kicking and moving like a wild woman and growing bigger seemingly every day... hopefully its her and not just ME ;) All names are out the window, but the name for now is Kelli Jo Slone, but we will see where the wind blows us.

Clint and I are great. I love this Man more than I have ever loved before. I think it is true when they say tough times and struggles bring you closer. Just living our life everyday, raising kids, trying to make it on a single income... they are all things that are complicated. But we are making it, we are happy, are kids are happy... that's all I can ever ask for. I guess we have been together long enough that Valentines Day is out the window :( Ha Ha, no I actually don't hugely mind it. After just coming off of an expensive holiday season and money just being tight I would feel silly expecting a Dozen roses to show up or something. I have learned to be more practical in my years since High school, when I would cry and be upset with him if he didn't do something spectacular! I know he will make it up to me one way or another.... he is pretty creative :)

So that's it!

7 comments:

Tami Proffitt said...

ahhhh aly! what an incredibly sweet entry! makes me want a blog for my family to just write this down to remember one day! what an amazing gift you are giving your family! AND those girls couldn't get any cuter! how sweet miss tracy loves your sweet chloe!

TrAvIs aNd SaVaNnA said...

Hey....So a suggestion about the eczema...you could try putting her on soy products for a little bit. I've known tons of people that has worked for, and I'm a freak about natural cures. lol

Chelsey Howard said...

That's cute. Don't feel bad, we aren't doing anything fo r Valentines either. Too hard to get a babysitter that night and they raise the price on flowers for that day, stupid. So we just hang out:) I'm glad Chloe is potty trained, that would be so hard to have 3 in diapers.

Unknown said...

I LOVE Cabbage Patch dolls! I had a ton of them when I was little!

Your girls are just so stinkin' cute!

And yea for potty training! It must be nice to buy one less pack of diapers!

For Valentine's Day we usually put the kids to bed early (7pm) and have a nice, quiet, romantic candle light dinner. We have done that for 2 years now. It might sound super cheesy but it is fun!

Jenna said...

I am just baffled that Chloe is completely potty trained! Kenzie is kinda getting ready but not even close to wearing undies all day! That is so awesome for you! And Tay is such a quiet good little girl whenever I see her! They are both such sweethearts and have such cute little personalities! I just love em' to pieces! We'll have to get together next week sometime! I have been such a home body this week and haven't wanted to do anything! I'll call ya!

The Oxford Family said...

Looks like things are going well! Hope Chloe is feeling better soon! Poor thing! Congrats on the potty training too!

Alexa Mae said...

Oh my goodness, they are getting so big. i love their outfits! we need to get together soon!