Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Save My Family!

Oh MY gosh, what a week it has been! The girls and I are so sick. Chloe is slowly getting better, but has this hacking cough that she does until she throws up. Tayler has a fever and has been throwing up. I have the most annoying head cold and sore throat/cough... and am also Throwing up from all of the puke I have been cleaniing up!!! This is when you realize Moms do not get a Call in Sick day, Moms don't get a break, even when Dad gets home... Because heaven forbid Clint even sees the throw up he will start Gagging all over the place like a fool. And I of course need to add Clint has been working Mad Long hours so we can get a nice check and get the girls a playground.

So as you can hear this is my Lonely Mom Cry for Help!!!!!! I need to get better like today. Anybody have any lovely Home remedies????

14 comments:

Unknown said...

We have had the same yucky stuff! I feel your pain sista!

Hang in there. I wish I could help you out!

Get better!

Jenna said...

Nyquil and Dayquil work wonders for Jeff and I whenever we're sick so maybe try that! And I don't know what to do about the coughing and throwing up! I would put a humidifier in their rooms while they sleep! That seems to help a bit! Let me know if you need anything!

Mary Taylor said...

Oh my gosh Aly I am so sorry! I really don't know of any remedies all I know is that a lot of people have the same thing right now. I couldn't help but laugh about Clint gagging because Selle does it too and it makes my blood boil!! Get well soon!!

TrAvIs aNd SaVaNnA said...

Hey you...okay, so I broke out my food remedies book! And here are the best foods to eat to make you feel better:

For your cold: you should eat yogurt, but it has to have Lactobacillus reuteri. A brand of yogurt w/ that is Stonyfield farm. Also lots of fruit and veggies, garlic, chamomile tea, and if your nose is all stuffy eat a pepper lol.

For the throwing up:
Toast, broth, bland soup, and soft boiled eggs (not sure what that is lol)Coca cola, ginger herbal treatment. Avoid ice cream and fried foods. There is a recipe here for a drink to rehydrate you too, so if you want it just let me know and i'll send it to you.

Megan Swiatkowski said...

Man girl, that stinks! I'm sorry you're all so sick. It's the worst. Well, I don't really have any home remedies. Do the girls have humidifiers? I'm sure they do. That seemed to help Savannah a lot. Also...Paul and I really like the alka-seltzer(don't know spelling) cold/flu and the Tylenol cold/flu severe. Those seem to be the best, but I'm not sure about taking them when you're preggo. Hope everyone is feeling better soon!!!!

Tami Proffitt said...

wish i could help...making it's way around mi casa as well! but the one tip i would give....vicks rub on chloe's feet...like the bottoms! WORKS WONDERS! always helps at night! i swear by it!

Courtney said...

Oh man. I'm so sorry. I wish I could come over to give you a break... but the commute is a little too far for me. :(

Alexa Mae said...

ohhh man! i seriously hate that. except one good thing in our house is when someone gets sick...they are the only one. lucky huh? i hope you are feeling better by now. i laughed about clint. i cant even talk about puke in front a chellis without him gagging.

Kacie and Cody said...

Hey Girl I'm so sorry that you guys are all so sick. That is so miserable. I wanted to say thanks for that email you sent me. That was really sweet and it made my day! Get better soon so we can get together again!

Kacie and Cody said...

Hey Girl I'm so sorry that you guys are all so sick. That is so miserable. I wanted to say thanks for that email you sent me. That was really sweet and it made my day! Get better soon so we can get together again!

Chelsey Howard said...

Sorry:( I've been there. If its croup they need a steriod shot. My daughter has asthma, so she get's the nasty cough stuff all the time!! Here is what I swear by: humidifier in their room, vicks vapor rub on their feet at night (with socks over their feet so it wont get all over), musinek (for cough) and albuterol breathing treatments every 6hr.

The Oxford Family said...

Looks like you have gotten tons of good advice! Lots of vitamins and rest! Hope you are all feeling better soon!

Mommy's Five Minute Break said...

I absolutely hate cold season! Why can't we all just fast forward through this time?! I hope your family is feeling better and life is getting back to normal. It's getting much better in our house now. I will now have a new appreication for summer!

Theresa said...

I am with ya! I wish I could stay at home all day though! I wish I could be with my little boo all the time, I am so jelous! Justin does the same thing about gagging! THEY TOTALLY USE IT AS AN EXCUSE! But I'm sure you knew that! FREAKIN' JERKS!