Does any other Mom feel like you get in more trouble now as a mother... a grown adult, rather than when you were you a teen???
I DO!!!
Let me share.
I got pulled over again tonight. Bleh. You gotta love Ironwood at night, you can never see those sneaky little buggars hiding on the side. I got pulled over about 4 months ago too. I attribute both of them to being distracted by my kids! Lucky Me, got out of both of them. 4 months ago, I cried and played the "I'm pregnant and tired" card, tonight I was just chill and had all my junk ready and just said "Can I ask why you pulled me over?" When a giant grasshopper flew in the car door and in my mouth!!! I screamed, He laughed! It's all history from there. Go Me!
Target. Either a Moms best friend or worst nightmare. Depends on the day and naps. So before I was a Mom... if I dropped something on the ground at a store i.e.: a shirt on a hanger, I would pick it up. With kids, Forget it! Whats dropped is left. Well, not the best policy. I get a lot of glares from the "Softlines" crew (a little Lingo for anyone who has worked at Target!), they hate the Moms, I swear.
As we were leaving Target, and I was loading the troops in the car, I noticed Chloe spilled her Slurpie in the street. I left it... along with all of the popcorn and pizza mess in the cart. I am horrible I know. The Groundskeeper lady pulled up next to me and just stared at me while she SLOWLY picked up the slurpie cup with her grabber thing. I just drove off as fast as I could to escape the embarassment.
HA! Speaking of embarassment. I think I may have gotten myself into trouble today if I would have followed my emotions. Listen. Chloe at Fry's today decided to throw one of those ridiculously embarassing tantrums, you know the one where they lay on the floor, Yeah. I tried everything to get her to stop. I told her I was leaving and hid around the corner, spying to make sure no one took her. I bribed. I whisper-yelled in her ear. I eh-em...spanked her. Ok, so this is where it starts. People seriously are ready to kill you if you spank your kid in a store. WHY??? Its like a tap on the butt, not a smack in the face! So when this lady decided to stare at me, while I argued with my 2 yr old about why she needed to GET OFF THE FLOOR, I was very close to saying "Can I help you? Or did you want to help me or something??" Trouble again.
Anyone's kids steal yet??? Mine do!!! Trouble, because I am too lazy to walk it back into the store and explain to them that my daughter "really wanted these batteries" so she took them. So I excitedly put them in my purse...remembering that toy that needed new batteries!
I could go on and on, but I will spare you! Have a Good weekend :)
Friday, July 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















8 comments:
You seriously crack me up! I always was that person glaring at someone for leaving stuff and I became that someone the other day!
I was at hobby lobby...put the baby in the car and then wait...I still have the cart. What to do?!?! I can't leave the baby alone in the car to put the cart in the caddy! I am far too lazy and melting in the humidity to take him back out of the car to push the cart to the caddy...so the cart got left in the parking spot....hiss from the people watching me I am sure!
Congrats on getting out of the tickets! I got one 9 months pregnant! No getting out of it for me :(
Well first off, you are one brave momma for even leaving your house with 3 kids and in this nasty heat!
I totally know the feeling of leaving crap in the cart. I too am guilty of it. What are you suppose to do-- leave your kids in the car so you can walk up to the trash can and put the cart away??
Too funny about the grasshopper in your mouth! What are the chances of that happening??
You never know what to expect with kids... everyday is a new adventure...even tantrums on the dirty floor.
Does your Target have the big carts? It might be an idea to keep her buckled in so she can't throw herself on the floor?? My kids beg for those HUGE carts!
Oh my god! that was the funniest thing i have ever read! Brooklyn stole like 6 nightlights one time at the self checkout! Stella steals spoons from every resturaunt we go to...hahaha...thanks for the laugh!
just so you know your blog is my favorite to read! i just read how well you handle things and how you dont let things get to you and it helps me:) i havent even tried to venture out with my now 2 kids just for the fear of a fit coming on by miss elizabeth but i need to just not care what others think.now that i read that you dont pick up dropped items i am no longer feeling guilty and bending over,sorry target.thanks for sharing all you do it helps to know others are in the same boat even thogh i know it is much harder with three vs. two
Oh my goodness Aly, you crack me up!
LOL!! Your not alone sister:) I wish I could say that those things haven't happend to me, but unfortunetly they do:( It does make for a funny story though:)
I seriously love your stories. they always make me laugh. your girls sure give you a run for your money and some good stories. love ya tons. im going outta town till the 1st. can we play after?
Aly! haha this post is so stinking funny! I cannot believe a grasshopper jumped in to your mouth! What a perfect way to get out a ticke laughing your face off with a cop! And I can't believe your girls steal!!! That is hilarious! I love your stories, they are always so funny! I love em'!
Post a Comment