Saturday, July 4, 2009

I Go Back....

You know that song by Kenny Chesney, "I Go Back to a two tone short bed chevy... everytime I hear that song" yada yada. Well today as I enter my 23rd year (Yes its my Birthday Woot Woot)and am looking back at everything that has happened since I graduated, it's amazing. My Mom handed me a bunch of stuff from my old room at home and it had a CD holder full of burnt CDs, I almost turned it down thinking... clearly my music choices have changed since my cool age of 16, but I took it! So on the way home I Popped a few in the CD player and all I could say was "I go Back" I go back to the days of driving to Pom practice in my Black Honda... I Go Back to Clint and I driving down thru the groves (where the 202 is now) with the music blaring, just loving eachother and loving life, I go back to my Senior year... Dancing- doing what I loved everyday with the greatest of friends, I go back to reading "Pregnant" on my clearblue test thinking What the Hell am I going to tell my parents?????? WOW I didn't think I was old enough to say remember that time or remember that song, but Looky there I guess I am.

I Love my life and where I am at. There has been Good days, bad days, struggles, and happiness too. But I have made it to where I am now, who would have thought I would be 23 with 3 kids under the age of 3?!? Definitely not me. I am right there with ya Kate when you say "It might be a crazy life, but it's OUR life." My life is crazy, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.


Updates-- My camera is broken! But Kylie Jo is a month old today. Awwww my little baby. Next post will be full of pictures, promise!

Got a new Car 2007 Chevy Equinox, LOVE it!

My wonderful parents and I went out yesterday and had a DVD player installed in it, and I can easily say now.... I am in HEAVEN in my car!!

Everyone enjoy your 4th of July. Now we are off to BBQs and birthday shopping for the rest of the weekend, so I will check back in Monday!

8 comments:

the bero's said...

Happy Birthday!
Congrats on the car! I am so jealous of the dvd player- I have been trying to convince Jake to let me get one in the commander...
It is hard to believe where we ended up, I never would have imaginded either of us as we are now! Life has bigger plans than we are aware of... :) You are a great mommy :)

Tami Proffitt said...

oh happy birthday! sounds like you were having a great day...nothing like celebrating your special day when thinking of the great life you've had! oh what a sweet day for yoU!

Chelsey Howard said...

Happy Birthday! Its funny the way things turn out hu?! I wish I could go back somedays too, usually when I'm tired and I just wish I could sleep:) You are so cute and your girls are adorable!!! Hope you guys had a fun 4th of July:) Oh and congrats. on the new car:) Can't wait to see it:)

Jenna said...

Happy Birthday!!! It is crazy to think about where we are now compared to where we were 5 years ago!! I can't wait to see your dvd player in your car!! I'm sooooooooo jealous!!! I'll call ya tomorrow and bring ya something special! Starbucks sound good??!

andermom said...

Happy Birthday! You are one lucky lady with three precious angels and a guy that adores you.

SloneFamily said...

Thank You all for the Sweet Comments!

Megan Swiatkowski said...

I hope you had a great birthday. Isn't it crazy how we can feel so young, but then old at the same time when we think of everything we have to look back on. I can't wait to see new pictures of the girls. And NO WAY is Kylie one month old. That just seems impossible.

The Oxford Family said...

Happy Bday...a little late! Congrats on the new car as well!

As for the sentimental memories...I almost cried just reading yours! I love when an old song totally catches you off guard and sends you back to all those great memories!