Lets just say it took me 2 hours to drive home from Dobson and Mckellips to my house (Queen Creek)... usually a 45 minute drive, but not today! With this I realized it is impossible to make everyone happy. My morning started with waking up late, hurrying the girls into their tutus and off to dance, rushing home to what I thought would be my hairdresser and dear friend Trent coming over to have a hair party. Well that didn't end up panning out, so my cousin and I decided to go to Bass Pro Shop... I wanted to surprise Clint with a new pair of hunting boots for his upcoming hunting season. I knew this would make him and his toesys oh so happy! So I figured the trek would be worth it. Drive there included a lot of screaming. Miss C and T forgot their binkis and were just devistated, Miss K was just mad at the world today-- it was a rellay fun drive, really, I'm sure you wish you were there ;) In the store was fun. Found some boots. And found 2 little Boy Camo shirts for me-- they are 1/2 the price of adult ones, and the XL one fits nicely. BTW did I tell you I got drawn for whitetail deer hunt in November, hence the need for Camo. As I am getting back on the 202 to head home, the girls both said they were thirsty, as was I... so we exited at Country Club to go to Sonic for Happy Hour. Kylie is pissed that we stopped. But the girls were happy! Drove up the road heading for Gilbert to get BACK ON the 202. Couldn't stand the crying and realized I was on empty. Parked at the Gas station, nursed for 15 mins (catching the eyes of many passer bys) People really are nosey about that... its like they can't help but peek for a booby shot... then we got gas. I get back on 202 at Gilbert, screaming continues from all... including Mom. Exit again at Higley. Stopped at Post office, searched desperately for binnkis, took carseat out, swung her around for a while. 2 down, 1 to go. Kylie really needed some convincing to HUSH! Drove down Higley hoping the 60 would offer better luck. Kylie screamed the whole way to Ironwood and Baseline. Pulled over into Chevron. Nursed a little more, burped, oohed and awed at her for a few... loaded back up hoping she would fall asleep for the next little stretch. WRONG. I had to about dislocate my shoulder to hold the binki in her mouth... until my Mom called, then I gave up and just chatted the rest of the way, tuning out my 8 week old. I felt awful, but gave up on trying to please everyone... we just needed to get home!!! Here are a few pictures of a nice summertime nap at Grandmas and Kylie 8 weeks and then 7 weeks.



And this special treat is for anyone who doesn't think Noggin teaches Toddlers anything. My kids live to learn the Dancy Dances from Noggin. This is their FAV... the twirly whirly :) "Arm up, Arm up, Bend your knees and do the twirrrllyyy whirrlly"
6 comments:
awwww...the good life! the best part is when who ever your talking to says, "Do I need to let you go?" and how we act so casual with the attitude of...it's life right now! but these days pass so fast!
AND, i've said it before, your girls are just the smartest! your little tay cracks me up...NEVER have seen a one year old dance like this one!
ahhh...i just got a little glimpse into my future about a month or so from now...better enjoy a semi-quiet car ride while I can!
Kudos to you for venturing out with all of them in this heat!
Poor Al! Sounds like you handled it like a champ :) Love your girls video and especially the picture on Namy's bed :)
Ahh.. Life with two toddlers and a newborn! Crazy crazy but you definately are amazing with it all! Love the video and the pic of all the girls sleeping with your mom! That is so cute!
That's the worst!! I hate days like that:( I'm glad you survived! Some days it doesn't feel that way:)
omg! that is not cool. i live on gilbert and mckellips now so next time your down this way call me and come over to visit...and take a little break. you are so amazing!!! 3 girls and still alive, and looking hot while doing it. i adore you to the moon and back!
Post a Comment