Monday, August 3, 2009

Help me Explain

Chloe is really struggling with WHY she can't do everything EXACTLY the same as her sisters. If Tayler has blue panties on, Chloe will throw a fit to wear blue panties. If Tay has a pink sippy... Chloe wants a pink sippy. You catch my drift. Those little things I can handle. I usually explain once and then ignore from there. Well the thing that Kylie has that Chloe desperately wants is.... MY BOOB!!!

Every time I nurse, Chloe keeps begging "Can I eat off your boobie?" (sounds funny)
I tell her "No sweetie, it's just for babies" She answers "But I'm a baby". I try to tell her that she nursed when she was a baby and now that she is big she can drink the yummy milk out of the fridge... and same with Tayler, and when Kylie gets big she will also get milk in sippys.

I'm stuck! I know that there are a lot of breastfeeding advocates out there that would say, So let her try it out again. Not for me. I about died when she was coming at me the first time. Clearly she is my baby, but I almost felt harassed and got like a weird nervous giggle. Weird. I need help! Anyone go through this???

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Squirt some in a cup and let her try it that way! Kids are curious that is all... once she tastes it, she'll realize she likes whole milk better!

☂niki. said...

hmm...i've never thought about that happening.

i think squirting it into a cup is a good idea...but i have yet to cross that bridge.

Jenna said...

How funny! I nursed all my kids but the older one never asked me that! I agree with Andrea about putting it in a cup. Kinda weird but maybe it will make her feel better!

The Oxford Family said...

So weird but I guess it makes sense! Good luck with that!

Matt and Hilary said...

Funny! Yeah, I'm sure if she tasted it she would happily go drink her milk with a little strawberry syrup in it rather than the breastmilk :) Oh Chloe, she never surprises lol! Love ya!

Alexa Mae said...

hahaha that is too funny! she's a smart one. the cup things a good idea! did you see/hear about the mom who lets her grown kids (like 9 and 11) still drink HER milk. CrAzY!! oh little miss chloe cracks me up. i love your stories!

Chelsey Howard said...

LOL!! I havae no advice for you I was never an avid breast feeder. But I love your story though:) Good luck:) I if it helps, whenver my kids are throwing a tantrum I always say "you get what you get and dont throw a fit." Good luck:)

Mary Taylor said...

That is so funny! I love the nervous giggle, so funny! I can't believe Tayler already wears undies! You are on the ball! I just potty trained Drew in June I'm a slacker!!

Krystal Arnett said...

Bahahaha, little miss Chloe just cracks me up. Let me know how that turns out!!!