Sunday, August 30, 2009

If Sherri Shepard Can Do it....

SO CAN I!!!!

As I laid on the beach with all 3 of my kids zonked out in the sand.... YES, details later of how dreamy my Vaca was, I read an article about Sherri Shepard announcing live that she was going to lose some weight and show off her new bod in a bathing suit in some amount of time, and she ended up shedding 40 lbs. As I read on I was loving that she was so real... she loves M&M's, hates working out, we totally can relate to eachother. So the Dr who was helping her out told her she didn't need to "diet" she just needed to eat Healthy 4 days out of the week, and be mindful the other 3, set realistic goals and do what you can. Easy Right. I don't know... I'll let you know. While I will not sit here and be like "OMG I need to lose 40 lbs" I will openly and honestly say that I could stand to firm up some areas in my body. If I don't lose a pound BUT am toned up, then fine! But I would sure love to lose 10... that's it!

I decided, as I laid there on my towel with a few extra dimples in my tummy that I am SOOO not crazy about, I am going to do this! Screw my eating Disorder, Screw the No Scale Law in ED recovery land, Screw it all... I have come to realize that I am smart, I know what I need and what I don't need. I know I do not have a healthy relationship with food. Not only in the way of starvation, but also in the way of overeating. I eat for the wrong reasons. Chocolate makes me happy. So I eat chocolate and then do 100 jmping jacks thinking it will change something. I know I am retarded, but that's the way my mind works! Whatever. It changes now. For Me, For my kids, for my wonderful husband who listens to me bitch about my weight day in and day out {Love that Man} ... I am tired of living like this. I am bound and determined to get back in shape the healthy way. I am announcing it out loud so I can be held accountable, and so if anyone wanted to join me, then so be it! Whew..... I am all worked up and out of breath just typing this.

So every Monday I will post my stats, I am not sure how much I will actually reveal. I mean I am still a woman for gosh sakes...but I am promising to my fellow blog readers, I will be as open and honest as I can stand being :)

Vacation was A-M-Azing. Couldn't have done it without my awesome parents and brother. Love you Both! The girls were fabulous and crazy all in the same token, but mostly fabulous. Here are some pictures.

OH OH OH, With all of this openess going on I am jumping on the "Private" bandwagon. I need emails so I can put you on my list of readers. My biggest hold up in doing this is I don't want to lose readers so PLEASE don't feel stupid if we only have run into eachother twice and I don't really remember your name, still list your email. I am a blog stalker too... don't be ashamed ;) Because truly I love having a little Pow Wow I can ramble and preach and complain too. I love you all, so I will give it a couple weeks and I hope to get all of your emails. Thanks.

Happy Dieting... I mean Healthy living, or whatever!

AW, the Life of a 3 month old

One hot Mama... or GrandMAMA

Count on Chloe and My Dad to make friends with some randoms

This girl loves being on her tummy... tanning her thighs that is!

A Good Nap on the beach!

Loves her Alone time


Tays first kiss, some random litle boy Jack! So cute!

Me and Me Mommy

Uncle Andy and Chloe Singing Songs, being silly!

28 comments:

The Oxford Family said...

So adorable! Looks like everyone had a blast! Oh and if you don't mind adding me...I love reading your stuff :) scotti2ts1i@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

OH. I want to get healthy and skinny too! I'll have to join later because with this pregnancy I'm sure to gain at least 60 pounds (my dr. told me)! YIKES! Good luck. I like your attitude and outlook. I think being smart during the week and then letting loose 2-3 days at the end of the week is smart.

We are off to the beach this weekend.... how the heck did you get the girls to fall asleep???

Unknown said...

oh yeah.

foreverfamily04@hotmail.com

Jenna said...

So glad you guys had a nice little vaca!! And your not diet idea sounds good to me! :) Miss you, haven't seen you in forever! you know my e-mail... jennalea26@gmail.com

Alexa Mae said...

what a fun trip al!! love the pics. you and your mom are so cute.
you need to call me whenever you get a chance. i did toss the binky. shes 4 weeks sober now...haha. and i just did this diet thing and it really works! you'll have to call me k!! love ya!

Matt and Hilary said...

It sounds like you guys had so much fun! I'll start healthy living with you too! I need it!

Laura said...

I've had the same resolution recently about losing weight and I admire your for posting it on your blog! Good luck with everything: alhgonzalez@gmail.com

Scott and Ashley said...

Aly...your blog makes me laugh! I know we don't know eachother that well, but I love looking at your page.


agrnbean@yahoo.com

Greg♥Amelia said...

I'm so jealous of your vacation! Looks like you guys had a great time! Please add me to your list...I love reading your blog!

amshpi@gmail.com

Adell said...

Aly, your blog is so fun to read because you are so for real! I love it. And you have an adorable family. Add me...adellgoff @ gmail .com
P.S. Chocolate makes me happy too :) I could never give it up. That plan sounds like something I need to try!

Jolayne said...

You totally have to send me an invite! The beach looked amazing, how fun! Your girls are adorable =)
barbie4red@gmail.com

Chelsey Howard said...

Aly, you are so dang cute!! No matter what you eat or what you do you will always be amazingly gorgeous. BTW, you are such a good writter, you could seriously write a book or something. I am always sucked into your blog with the way you write. Anyway, I'm glad you guys had a fun vacation:) And I am in utter shock that your kids took a nap on the beach!!! There is no way in hell my kids would ever sleep in public, other than their stollers if I'm lucky. Anyway, we really do need to play. Girl night out or play day, its up to you. Let me know when works for you. Let's do it this wk. or next.

Chelsey Howard said...

Oh yeah and me email. chelseyshea@hotmail.com

andermom said...

Love your blog. Add me! Add me! :)

andermac@mail.com

Kristin & Tim said...

timandkristin@hotmail.com

love your blog!

rumzisfamily said...

I have been telling myself 10 pounds or at least tone up for about 6 months now! I even went and bought a treadmill to look at!! I have got to start excercising but can't find enough inspiration to do so! Don't forget to add me...krumzis@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Add me of course! meg.swiatkowski@gmail.com. Love your idea of the "not diet." Healthy living seems to be the way to do it! I think I'll join you...been meaning to take it seriously for a while now! And your beach pictures are to die for. Glad you got a nice vaca.

Sarah Dojaquez said...

Hey Aly this is Sarah Radebaugh now Dojaquez but I love reading your posts, you crack me up. My email is sradebaugh126@aol.com, by the way tell Clint I said howdy it's been awhile.

Ashley said...

Hi Aly!
It's Ashley(Gary's daughter), I love reading your blog!Your mom shows me it sometimes at work, I love seeing all the cute pictures of your girls:)Please add me:
ashhuber1@hotmail.com
Thanks!

Bonnie said...

I'm totally addicted to your blog Aly. Funny that I NEVER update mine. Please add me to your list. bonnie9denise@yahoo.com

Mike and Alecia said...

Of course I want to be added. I love keeping updated on your adorable family. kinfischbeck@hotmail.com. P.S I don't know what weight loss your talking about you look amazing!

Krystal Arnett said...

You know I want an invite krystal.arnett at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

cowtippinroper@aol.com

Cute pics...let's do PF Changs 1/2 this year. It would be fun!

TrAvIs aNd SaVaNnA said...

Ya my treadmill is a decoration too. I always see it and think okay tomorrow I will start running on it. oops.

savanna.slone@gmail.com

Rachel said...

It looks like you guys had a great time at the beach! I'm sure a well needed Vaca!
You will doing great on your "healthy living". And it's so true to set realistic goals. I can never meet my goals because they are completely unrealistic. But regardless, you always look great!
And I agree with Chelsey...you should write a book! I love reading your blog! Also, I would love to see you and your girls...maybe some Saturday we can get together? Oh and add me...rachelmiller123@gmail.com

Caton said...

catonann@gmail.com

Lindsey said...

I love reading your blog. I think your girls are absolutely adorable. I relate to you so much because I have a 3 year old daughter. I actually went to junior high and high school with you but I was more friends with Brittany Smith. Anyway, your whole family is adorable and I hope you let me keep reading!

Lindsey said...

Oh Yeah! My email: LindseyBasko@yahoo.com

Thanks :)