What is the good life anyway?? As a young Mom who didn't get much of a chance to live out the "going out" stage in my life... I sometimes felt as if I was missing out on something. I guess I felt that those people with no kids were lucky that they could just go dancing or go have a few drinks with their man whenever they pleased. Well this weekend one of my dear friends had her Bachelorette party and it was SO much fun! We layed poolside all day and went dancing and out for drinks at Martini Ranch that night. What a dream for a mother of 3, right??? While I had a blast, I thought to myself, MAN, I'm glad that is not
my life. I am so glad I have a family to go home to. I am glad I have a husband who adores me in my PJs and greasy hair, and I don't have to be a part of the meat market out there, that some refer to as DATING. So it's not really "the good life" that I am missing out on, it's the good life that the others are missing out on.
What work to be away from a 9 week old. I was emotional, missed my peanut. My Boobs were a swollen FULL DD by the end of the night. I tried milking myself like a cow throughout the day, but by 1:00 am I was miserable. I have never been so excited to hook myself up to the pump... I about sprinted in just to get to it!! What work to get home safely. Thank goodness for Little Hil our Sober angel. Thank goodness for my parents were ever so laid back about me leaving their BMW in a parking lot for them to go pick up in the morning. Thank goodness for my trooper of a husband that kept Kylie for 15 hours on his own.
In reflection I see I am so Lucky to live the life that I live. Amen for that!
Camera is being silly- so here's 2 grainy phone pics!
Brittany and I

Kylie in Dad's truck!
7 comments:
Well put :) We are very lucky girls!!! Hope you are doing well! We will be down there pretty soon so we should make a plan to all see each other and so we can see those beautiful girls of yours!
You are one HOT momma! Glad you got to go out and have a fun girl's night! My boobs hurt for you....I know the feeling all too well....
Dang girl, you sure don't look like you just had a baby-let alone 3 of them!
Whoa, hot momma!! That is so fun that you got to go out!! I'm glad that Clint was a trooper and watched the kids:) Aly, i love you. you are such a doll!! And you are so right!! This is the good life!!
Yes, it was so much fun... but definitely not the good life! We are so blessed to have our awesome hubbies and kiddos :) Look how amazing you look in the pic! Woo woo!
Love it! I totally understand what you are saying, I use to think maybe I had missed out too than I realized I thought that just because that is what I thought I was suppose to think, that young people party. Truth is I was never really a partier, sometimes I just miss what I think I missed :) Weird I know but I love my kiddies and hubby, married mommy life is awesome!
You look like one HOT MOMMY in that pic!
Aly,
So happy you came! So sorry you were in pain the whole time! Omgarsh you are one hot momma and I am so proud of you for lasting as long as you did. Thanks for celebrating my last night out with me, it meant so much. Hope you are doing good, hopefully we can hang out soon. Thanks again for everything (including my cute little koozie). You are such a great friend and I am so blessed to have you! Hope your week is awesome!
Post a Comment