Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I'll Start My Diet Tomorrow!

If I had a dime for every time I said this.... I'd be a bazillionaire!

It's that time of night, 9pm, when I would about kill for chocolate. I have a choice between the diet 100 calorie Ice cream sandwiches I bought for myself or the Yummy Oreo Ice cream sandwiches I got for Clint. Of course I say... "I'll start my diet tomorrow, because the Oreo one just looks too Good!"

So What is it about women?? Why are we so hard on ourselves?

Why do I feel like at 4 weeks post-partum I should weigh 120 again? Ha! Yeah Right! I know comparing myself to the Celebs is a joke, but I continue to beat myself up that I have yet to start my Post Partum workout regimen. It may be the constant reminder I get every time I lift my shirt to nurse, the rolls come out to play, Yuck! (Maybe that's why new moms invest in those Nursing tanks... so you can whip out your boob without showing your whole tummy) I guess it is just one of those things that comes with being a Woman. It's like there is this conflict that lives within us of whats more important-- Looking Hot or Being Happy.... eating ice cream at 9pm! Ok, maybe that is just my internal conflict ;)

No one ever warned me how hard it would be to be SuperMom! To be fit, cute, showered, your kids cute and bathed too, clean house, breakfast/lunch/dinner made, get kids to bed.... and hopefully to still be alive to then catch that look in the eye from your husband, Oh Great!!!!!!!

With that I will close and say Kudos to all of you Moms out there trying to do and be EVERYTHING!

8 comments:

Megan Swiatkowski said...

I definitely agree with you that women/moms out there are way to hard themselves!

The funny thing is, is that we all feel these ridiculous pressures, yet we continue to put the pressures on each other, whether in be intentionally or unintentionally, we stare, compare, judge, gossip, envy, etc.

I think what it comes down to, is that we all want to be the best mom/wife we can be, so in trying to do this, we scrutinize what other women are doing and try to be "that," when in reality, the truth is is that they are doing the exact same thing. It's crazy!

As for supermom- I think in your case, if you can get yourself and 3girls out of bed, fed, somewhat dressed, possibly showered (I'm talkin' wet hair in a pony, maybe some mascara) and "dinner" on the table (something frozen that can be heated with a side of canned fruit) then you're doing a damn good job!!!!!!

You'll have time for all that other stuff later. Save lookin' cute for a date night with the husband!!!

I've finally convinced myself that I'll never look back and wish I cleaned my house more, but I'm sure I'll look back and think "if only I'd enjoyed my kids more."

Well, I guess that's enough of me ranting!! I think we all feel these exact same pressures, once you get me goin' it's hard to stop!

You're doing a great job Al! You have 3 beautiful daughters and a hsuband that loves you- what more could you ask for? Plus..you look great!

And...ALWAYS chose the Oreo ice cream. :)

rumzisfamily said...

I love the comment before mine! She is soooo right on! We always compare ourselves and try to fit into this unrealistic and unattainable image! I myself prefer to be happy and uneven than perfectly fit with no time for anything else! haha. (choose the oreo) You have the most beautiful family and are an incredible momma! We are thinking of adding on to our family, that saying, "it may be a crazy life but its ours" is perfect! What did we ever do with ourselves before kiddos!? They are the best! I hope you are doing great and I will talk to you soon hopefully!

Love,

Kristine

rumzisfamily said...

Hey I forgot to tell you, you should write books! I love reading your blog and I laugh out loud...books for moms with all the truth of motherhood and being a wife!!! Just a thought, you are a great writer and I think we can all identify with your posts!

Love,

Kristine

Chelsey Howard said...

You are not alone!! I'm pretty sure that every woman in America feels the same way. And no one can do it all. That's why I don't stress about cooking all the time. Its the thing that falls off my to do list the most often. You can't do it all. I hate the post pardum phase cause I still eat like I'm preggo, but then I don't fit into my skinny jean, and no joke, I cry:( But I know you look AMAZING cause you looked FANTASTIC when I saw you 9mo. pregnant:) P.S. I loved the pic. you sent me, thanks, she's such a little doll!

Mike and Alecia said...

Ya I'm pretty sure every mom feels the same way. It really is impossible to be the perfect everything. And for the chocolate I swear nursing makes it like ten times harder because that's all I crave. I never have cravings when I'm pregnant but when I'm nursing forget about it. I think it's important to have YOU time and treat yourself.Oh and did you end up getting a van. I know the thought of it is disturbing but you'll love it. I promise!

the bero's said...

thanks for the announcement! it was so cute..where did you get it?

you are always miss skinny, so give yourself a break!

The Oxford Family said...

You are SOOOOO not alone!! I specifically wear camisoles so I can just pull the strap down to nurse! How vain that I would rather someone catch a glimpse of the nip than my belly?!?! Our bodies have just been pushed to the edge and back (and in your case yearly for the last 3 years!) give yourself a break and a treat every now and then! Baby steps...lots of fruits, veggies, and water and treats when you really need one :)

Alexa Mae said...

girl you look amazing!! we are always our worst critic but you are gorgeous!! let me know when you want to get together. we are moving so maybe after that??