Wow, Yesterday was by far one of the craziest days ever. I sold my Car, which is a huge weight off of my shoulders. BUT.... it was one of the most hectic days ever. Thank You so much to my Dad who helped me stay sane throughout it all. Anyways, we sold our beloved little Kia and have moved on to a monstrous, beasty Suburban. Yikes... I feel like it is too big for me, but we got a smokin Deal on it from Clint's Sister. It's a 2000, so it has been through a lot, but its still nice and will fit my ever growing family. My only huff with it is.... it doesn't have LATCH for the car seats... or anchors, I am really not liking that idea. Every car I have had has had the LATCH system, and I always felt like my kids were really safe. Now, although we are safe in our Giant car... I am worried about the seat belts coming unhinged and my kids flying out. Anyone else have babies in a car without LATCH, what do you think? And could you find anywhere to anchor the back buckle on to??
I am so emotional about saying goodbye to things. I get so attached. That was the first car that Clint bought for me and brought home as a surprise. That was the car we brought little Tayler home from the hospital in. I am such a dork...its just a car, but I loved my KIA!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















7 comments:
i know how you feel with the latch, i went to a car seat check and had firemen latch mine in and i am not taking them out for anything! I got the jeep detailed and the guys had to work around them...i am sure it's discusting under those seats but it makes me feel safe, since i got into 2 car accidents last year. I am scard of huge cars like that too. I hate driving my mom's durango
Al, I totally understand your fear of driving the Suburban. I was the same way before I started driving an Expedition. We dont have latches in my Accord and we just make sure to pull the seatbelt super tight and it holds them in place good. We only have infant car seats for now but everything works good for us.
Good job on selling the KIA... you didn't even have it for sale that long!
That sucks about the latch though.. I know I always latch my kids carseats and buckle them too!
What about at the back of the seats?? I know one of my latch's is at the backside of my side.....
I can't believe you sold the Kia. Did someone random buy it or someone you know? They got such a good deal whoever it was...that car was in such good shape!! I can't quite picture little tiny you in the suburban yet. I guess I'll have to see it for myself. :) I'm sure I'll be the dork driving the mini van before long! At least the suburban looks cooler than the van.
congrats on your new car!! thats exciting and now you dont have to worry about room for you new babe. yay!!!
i think its cute that you think about how your hubby brought it home for you or it was what you brought your first baby home in. im not centimental enough, i get rid of anything that creates clutter and then think later. . . i may want that as a memeory? elizabeth just uses the seat belts as the system to secure her carseat to the seat. i have never thought of it not being okay at all, i know it will be fine! congrats on your new car.
Cars are like houses in the way that you have memories in them and you get attached! I'm sorry your a little sad, but CONGRATS on your new suburban! Sweet!
Post a Comment