Thursday, October 8, 2009

Mom Trials

I have come to find in this last week that it is hard being a Mom, not just for me... but for everyone. Whether we work or stay home- are rich or poor, it is hard. We all know this, but sometimes there is a day.. or two days... or a week that really just make you want to throw in the towel.

But sometimes a little light shines down from God and reminds us why we do what we do. Who knows what it is for you, it's different for all of us. But I tell you this Lady sure helped. She was on Oprah and it really shined a light on how not to take your life for granted. The simple things- the hugs, the rocking of a kid who is way to big to be rocked to sleep, fixing lunches with your own special Mom touch, all of it.... all of it could be gone in an instant. Scary, really. So once again I have decided to slow down and enjoy the little things a little more {Yes I've said this before} But Im saying it again.

So with that said... the other day Ky had her 4 month appt. SO I decided I was going to drop Chloe off at her Friend Karlie's house, who she just adores, and take Tay Tay and Ky with me. Ok, In my world THIS IS HUGE!! The girls can rarely be split up without a fit from Miss C. she really relys on Tay to get through her day. Anyways, we did all that and it went well. Kylie is 13.9 lbs and 24 inches with a tiny head :) We then came home to ride our bikes outside, take fun pictures, play in the backyard, Watch Olivia... everything about these girls! It's good, It's all Good.

Oh and I won a Photog Contest from this neat Lady. Woot Woot... more fun pictures of my babies!! It's been a good week :)
This picture describes my little Drama Queen perfectly!
It's hard to get 3 kids to sit together for a picture...
Tay Tay cannot figure how to keep her eyes open during a picture, so even with me saying "OpenOpenOpen" {Notice my looney face} She still just squeezes them tight like it makes her smile bigger!
Look at her Chub... Love it!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally watched that yesterday too! So amazing to see her strength and willingness to be so involved with her 4 kids... it would be so easy to just "throw" in the towel.

Your girls are so CUTE!

When are we going to play? It needs to be soon before I POP! Next week is October break??

Jenna said...

So true! I love that! I miss your girls, Kylie is getting so big. All the pics are so cute!

Chelsey Howard said...

Cute!! I love days when we hang out around the house and just play. Its rare that I actually play instead of clean, laudry dishes etc. but its fun when things slow down like that. That is why I think family vacations are the best. I'm glad you guys had a fun day:) And as always your pictures are adorable!

Ashley Smith said...

oh my gosh i LOVE the picture with your little girl closing her eyes!! i was cracking up!! you are so cute and i love this post...We all need reminders every once in awhile to slow down and actually appreciate life- thanks! :)

Jake & Sarah Salmon said...

Wow what cute girls! I loke you hair so blonde Aly! It looks hott!!

Greg♥Amelia said...

So glad you've been enjoying the NieNie Dialogues! I think Stephanie is an inspiration to all of us!