
My middle child... the one who I have fought so hard to not be gropuped in as a "middle child". Is that what she is becoming?? She wants so badly to be a baby. And I am really starting to think I need to treat her more like a baby, because maybe she is yearning for something she did not get enough of for the simple fact that I was busy. {Insert Guilt}
She just turned 2 and doesn't nap through the day... because Chloe does not.
She LOVED her binky and had to give it up this early because Chloe couldn't bear to do it alone.
She is in a 3-4 yr old dance class (loves it) but she missed the "baby baby" class because it is easier for me to just take them on the same day.
Should I change it all and go back to treating her like a barely 2 yr old??? I don't want her to grow too fast and be permanently scarred because she was always grouped with her sister.
I am having some extreme Mommy Guilt. Why is it so hard to make sure all of your kids feel exactly the same amount of love and worth at the end of each day?? I like things to be EVEN STEVENS in this house. There were too many moments in my life where I felt left out because I wasn't AS smart or AS talented or maybe AS messed up as others. I had a great life though... I don't want to skew that. BUT the point is-- I WORK SO HARD to make sure every kid feels as if they are my "favorite".
Do I revert or stick to the life I have made for her and baby her when I can??
Been There Done That Moms... Advice???


















9 comments:
She really is still just a baby. 2 is little. They still depend on you so much at this age. Parker is 2 and he is totally my baby still. I'm eating it up right now because I know when these babies get here he might feel neglected a bit.
If I were you, I'd slow down a bit and treat her like a 2 year old and don't feel guilty about it. They get sooo bit sooo fast, why rush?
I feel the same way about Lilly, my middle child. I always feel like she's not getting enough attention as the others. It really is hard. I say you can only do what works for you. And I'm sure she knows you love her. When I am feeling guilty I have a play date with my kids. I'll take one of them out to do something just for them and leave the other kids with Trevor.
Oh Al you're great. Maybe you could just take her out on a date with you once in a while. And have clint take them all out on their own special daddy date once in a while. This family I know does that and I think its the sweetest thing. I mean to get ice cream, or a movie or just to the store. I think she's bound to be mature for her age no matter what u do. Don't go back, I think it would just confuse her. You're an amazing mom Al!
I agree with Alex. You will just have a mature lil girl. She totally knows you aren't leaving her out. And like you said, her and Chloe are so close... You gave them the best gift-a life long bff that's always there!
No need for mommy guilt! Definitely don't go back to babying her... don't feel bad about the dance class, just means she'll be ahead. Naps are overrated... she probably sleeps better at night because of it, and she definitely was at a good age to get rid of the bink, some kids do it right when they turn one. Tay just loves being a baby... so take time to snuggle rock and kiss her as much as you can and let her know that she is your baby, but I don't think you need to start treating her like a baby. I agree with the one on one time. Maybe just try to seperate things with Chloe and Tay a little more. You are the best mommy, I don't know how you do it! Don't beat yourself up over it... just remember the whole time Tay was over yesterday she kept saying, "I love my mama!"
Dont be so hard on yourself! You are such a selfless and thoughtful mom!! Your girls are so cute!
I'm not there yet! But I feel for ya, it's hard. My parents had 4 kids... so no middle children :p At least, as 2nd oldest, I can say I didn't feel like a "middle child". I'm sure you are doing fantastic; from what I've seen you are a great mother! Don't fret my dear (:
Tayler's comment on my post cracked me up! I love it.
Hey I got some of your pictures up on my photo blog if you want to go see them! conniebphotography.blogspot.com
I understand about the Even Steven thing. I am still that way! It's just a mommy thing. You love all your girls so much! Don't put too much pressure on yourself. Tayler seems like a very happy girl and I think it is fine to have her do big girl things as long as she doesn't seem stressed out. If she needs the extra TLC and wants to be your baby, just enjoy that too. She'll ALWAYS be your baby. You're STILL your mom's baby!
Post a Comment