Monday, December 14, 2009

Fireproof....?


Didn't I just post on Fireproof? Well today I am understanding the meaning of Fireproof.

Last Saturday My Brother And his new wife of just 6 weeks, house burned down. Structure still stand, but everything inside is Gone. Pictures, Tv's, Laptops, Clothing, shoes.... makeup.... Gone. Just charred and melted what nots now. What a hard way to expect any newlywed couple to start out. Luckily they had insurance... so most of their belongings can be replaced.

But for now they are living off of what red cross provided them with 2 nights at a hotel, 2 days worth of food, and 2 days worth of clothing. Needless to say, they are definitely in need until Insurance gets around to sending them a check to start over.

So by no means is this a post asking for handouts... but it is a post letting you know there is a family in need and if you have anything that you were planning to take to Goodwill or sell, or throw away--- please think of them and email me. Coats, shoes, food that is easy to snack on, in a hotel that has no kitchen.

Thank You all and please keep this Lovely couple in your prayers and Pray that they can keep their marriage "Fireproof" in this hard time.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! That is just heartbreaking. What happened? How did it start?

I wish I had money to help out!

Megan Swiatkowski said...

I'm sure we have some stuff!!! Do they need everything!!!

Courtney said...

Wow! That really is so sad. :(

andermom said...

That is so sad! I will send a gift card to CVS so they can buy some essentials they need! I will send it to your mom! May God hold them tight at this time!

ConnieB said...

Oh my goodness that would be my worst nightmare. I'm so sad for them! I have a couple pairs of jeans she can have- I don't know what size she wears though! Let me know

cute header btw