Friday, December 11, 2009

Memories

There is nothing like good memories that give that warm fuzzy feeling-- and bring a smile to your face-- or a simple giggle that makes people look at you like... What is she laughing at all by herself.

This month brings great Memories anyways and makes me remember Christmas growing up. I don't have many memories before the age of 6 or 7--- I don't know why really... but I have heard when things are hard in your life.... your brain does wonders for you. Anywho I have random memories. Weird ones. Like when I got Black Jeans for Christmas when I was 7. I wanted Black jeans SOOOOO bad! Or When I got the Dinosaur on the back of my chair for Student of the Week in Mrs. Potts class. Or when a cute little boy named Sterling called me on the phone and told me he loved me in first grade and I hung up in embarassment. Weird, I know!

But Yesterday when I was listening to my new fav radio station Movin 97.5--- Keith Sweat came on.... "Twisted" and all I could do was laugh. Having older brothers grwoing up I feel like I was always a little too mature and this song definitely reminded of me of like ehhhhh A LOT of years in our house on Stapley. Hilar! I called my brother and said-- don't you remember this song???? Singing it in front of the mirror??? He laughed in embarassment, hoping nobody but him remembered that!

So with a day full of great memories.... I ended up on overload by the end of the night after I attended a dear old friend's Baby shower. Not an old friend I guess, she has always been my friend... but we don't see eachother often. Nonetheless, it was warm fuzzies the whole night at her Mom's house. A house where I did a lot of growing up, had a lot of laughs, and a lot of tears too. Being with my old friends from high school is always something that I anticipate to be scary. BUT we're all so different now. Grown and mature. And there is nothing like being with people who Know your name, so to speak. A few of the girls in particular went through one of the hardest times in my life with me. Something that seems so miniscule now, but at the time seemed like the end of the world.... those girls were there. I love you all. Thanks for a lot of laughs last night and some good ol memories!

So with all of this it makes me wonder. What are my girls going to remember about this age??? Maybe nothing. But if they do remember things I hope they remember our Jam sessions in the car to Lady GaGa and Chloe asking how I like her latest "Move" or Laughing hysterically to a song titled "I farted on Santas Lap"

Ohhhhh how times have changed.... but it's good, it's all good!



3 comments:

Chelsey Howard said...

Aly you are so cute! I bet your girls will have nothing but good memories. You are such a fun mom.

Courtney said...

Hey Missy,
Sorry I don't log on much anymore. I'll try to log on more. You guys are so adorable and I hope your girls remember these days because you are such a good mom and are creating some great memories for them!
Court

Anonymous said...

You Are The Best! It has been so great seeing you twice in one week. Hopefully it will be better in the future with Dance and Bikram on the horizon.