Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Good Stuff

First Off, I apolagize for neglecting my sweet little blog.

This last week has been filled with good things, all good things that have brought me back down to the ground. Not that I was ever living a fantasy life that needed to be grounded.... but more just because I have been feeling like I am meerly Floating through my life. Not soaking things in. Not thinking before I do things. Just simply going though the motions. I think I get so into the nitty gritty of Getting up, getting ready and getting out the door.... I forget where I am going. Where am I running to? Sometimes I feel like I am just running from the chores. I don't want to be home long enough to see all of the things that have been left undone. Frustarating really.

So what did it?

A couple things.

Wednesdays I mentioned we have been to Story Time. What a simple 30 minute concept. It's free and I see joy, excitement, and knowledge moving in the girls' brains. Nothing makes me more proud than watching my older two sit at the front of the rug, perfectly quiet and content... yet still a little shy making sure Mom is still here every couple minutes, with a glance over at me and a slight smile. That is what did it. Simple. It's the simple things that I was missing.

A Friend. I went to Bikram with an old friend. We almost died laying on squishy mats beside eachother. It was quite a bonding experience really. After we made it through our 90 minute bittersweet torture, we drove home chatting like we were old BFFs rather than two girls who didn't chat much in High school. A talk that could only bring you back and well.... humble you a little. Thank You, I so needed this. It's funny the people who you don't really get to know are the people that are the ones who are most like you and can relate to the difunction in your life.

Disney On Ice. Sounds silly, but being alone with my older two and seeing the naive excitement that Disney can bring a child was the absolute best. Hilary and I were in a bit of heaven too. It was all of our childhood movies in the first half. Lion King, Little Mermaid.... At about "Can You Feel the Love Tonight"... I got a little emotional and kissed both of my girls told them how much I Loved them. Thank You, Thank You to Amy and Sharon... I appreciate it!

A Gummy Smile that only mouths the word Da- Da. She says it on her own every now and then. But if you ask Ky to say "DaDa" she smiles and then mouths "DaDa" No sound... just pure cuteness!

My parents. Ohhhh Where do I begin? Their Undying support for me makes me all warm and fuzzy. I think now that I know what it is to love a child... it makes me love them more thinking they have that love for me. Last night they sent me home with extra groceries from their own pantry. You see, this is the first time since Clint has worked at Metro that he hasn't had a full 80 hours on his bi-weekly check and that is quite a piece of humble pie right there. To sit and figure out.... Wow can really make it 2 weeks with No allowance, No Fun Money??????? To which the answer would be, YES! If our Mortgage is paid and we have a pantry full of groceries and Gas in the car. Then, Yes it is doable. So Long Story short, My parents sending home an extra 12 pack of Mtn Dew for Clint, a tub of Peanut Butter, extra Juice and more was seriously a nice gesture that I am Glad I can be appreciative of.

If we had everything and all of the money in the world.... none of the things that have impacted me the way they have would be the same if I had everything. Instead of Disney on Ice being an expected normalcy... it was a treat, as well as the 4 bags of gorceries. All 4 bags were a treat that I was giddy about the whole way home.

This is the Good Stuff.







3 comments:

Courtney said...

what a nice blog Aly! :) I love the update! Thank you!!!

The Oxford Family said...

Totally agree! Glad everything is going well!

porter and karla said...

oh how i love you and your blog!