I feel like this topic regularly enter my Blog brain, but I finally have the words to articulate my thoughts.
Being a Mom it is really easy to lose your identity to your kids. Being a wife and Mom, it pretty much doubles! Well, for me at least. My life is my kids and husband. And it makes me really proud and happy most days. But every now and again, like today, I will play the "What If" game.... which all of us know that we have said once in our Mom life, but rarely admit. What if, I would have finished school first? What if, I go back to school now.... Will I be ditching my kids, What If I regret it later? Ugh it is a torturess game that only one person knows the answer to. So why do we, Why do I do it???? I think it is getting caught in a moment where you let the stress consume, you feel defeated and you let the "What Ifs" take over. It's a crappy place to be, really.
So rising above the What ifs and being grateful for all of the blessings I DO have is the next step. It usually happens when I hear the sweet laugh of one of my kids or an "I love you Mommy" moment. I love, adore, obsess over my kids and would never change anything about the way ANY of the 3 of them arrived.
BUT I will say, I have lost myself. I have lost myself in my kids. What is it I like to do? What I do I want to do with my life? Does it even matter. I think this is where someone will be saying to the computer screen, "It's the sacrafice we make as Moms" Yes Yes Yes, I know. But what about all of us that have Moms of our own that Did it all. Call them SuperMoms. They did it all FOR their kids and themselves too. Gosh, it is such a fine line that I am really struggling with.
So I get this idea in my head that I will go to Real Estate school, and I was thrilled. Until I realized I wasn't thrilled to be going to Real Estate school pursay, I was excited about going to school, getting out there doing something for myself... about expanding my brain. But really is this what I want? Is that what I really wanted for myself. Well, I don't know. What I do want is to go to Nursing school. Pursue my dreams. It's a weird goal that will not leave my head. And I am thinking it is for a reason. Usually when we have an urge to do something that pushes on... it's constant, its nagging, it is something bigger than us encouraging us to our calling.... what we are here on earth to do. But clearly I am also here to be a Mom and raise beautiful, smart, talented girls.
So Instead maybe the lesson I need to learn is I need to be a Mom and still pusrsue my dreams..... just be patient. I am bad at being patient. And there have been times before where my hyperness about things has gotten me into trouble. And Hello of course I don't want to be hyper about my kids getting a little older just so I can go to school, because the thought of it really is sad.
Long story short.... I need to go back to school, but WHEN?? When are my kids going to be able to not need me as much as they do now, for about a 2 year period of their life, while I devote my brain to school. Your kids ALWAYS need you. So how did those Super Moms we talked of earlier do it? How do we do it? How do I do it?
Being Everything is hard.... but I am determined to get there. I am hyper for a reason. Because someday I will turn it into energy to be there for my husband, for my three girls, and to be a nurse.
I need to find myself. I just don't know when is the right time. But at some point I have to quit living through my kids.... because that my friends is How you turn into a Crazy Dance, Pageant, Soccer Mom who pushes her kids too far. And nobody wants to be "that" mom, right???????????
Also... Go check out KARLA's blog for her cute apron giveaway! I am being LAZY so just click on Karla and Porter on my side bar :)
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















4 comments:
I think you can go now if you want. Its about having a functional plan. I think those moms that we call Supermoms are just moms that DO IT. What if you started slow with one or two classes and worked it out so your mom could watch the kids or a sitter? Or what about online classes? I know you could do it aly. You could do it tomorrow if you wanted. You will be a great nurse. You ARE patient. You are patient with you kids, with how crazy life is, just give yourself a little more credit for how great you are. i love you and call me anytime.
Although I don't have children I completely understand what you're saying. I fight it on a weekly basis... obviously in a differnt way. Stick in there and be open to options! Everything will fall into place at the right time.
U DA BOMB!
xoxo
Deep breaths little momma! You are a great and amazing woman and mom! When you posted about real estate school the first thing that popped in my head was "I thought she wanted to be a nurse?".
No one is a supermom and those that appear to be are most likely hiding their faults in another area of their life. Or maybe we just choose to only see their success and achievements? Your babies are super small and will all be in school before you know it! Think about 5 years ago...what you were doing? Doesn't seem all that long ago does it? I don't say this to discourage you AT ALL! You can and will succeed at whatever you set forth to do. If you don't feel that you can take on school and really have the time, effort and energy hold off a few years. Maybe find a class or group on something you are interested in but that won't completely drain you. Being a young 20 something can be tough, doing it while being a mom and wife can really be tough but these are the best years! Enjoy your babies, take life slow these next few years. They will fly by before you know it!
ALY! I feel the same exact way! I started going to school again last summer it was kinda hard at first to find the time for it but once I got a schedule down it was easy. I started with a couple online classes to help me get my brain functioning in "school" mode again. Now I'm going full time (13 hours) but only go twice a week. It's a little tough but Kevin is amazing with the kids and super supportive of my decision. I know that Clint would be the same way. You can do it and your girls will be just as proud of you as you are of your mom!
Post a Comment