Wednesday, February 3, 2010

He's a little bit Country... I'm a little bit Psychotic

Who knew? That I would come out and confess I am a little bit Psycho... somedays. Usually I am just pretty awesome, but every now and then my neighbors look at me strangely :)

Someone once told me She only blogs about the positive things in her life... and that's great. But I am just not that person. She is a great person. But, Me.... I am more Raw, in your face truth, my blog is my dose of therapy- type person. So thanks for sticking around anyways for my WHOLE true story.

So Last night as Clint and I laid in bed, I vowed to him that I will not be so hyper anymore. It was a very weird moment. I can't remember many times that I felt embarassed in front of him. But Last night I did. As I had a flash of all of the things I have rushed thru in my life, all of the mistakes I have made... due to my manic personality.

It's weird how sometimes in the moment everything can seem so right and exciting and then a year later you look back and say, "What a mistake that was... If I only would have waited another week, or month....." Just a few examples would be.

-When Clint and I moved out to QC, we were having a house built with all the bells and whistles... it was beautiful, warm and homey. But I was pregnant with Tayler and the delays continued and continued until our house was the only one on the street that had not been even framed yet. The clock was ticking and I DID NOT WANT TO MOVE with a newborn!!!! So we found a Spec house that was bigger, cheaper in another neighborhood that was ready to go, and this is where we call home now. I love my house. But I do sometimes think about that other house.... the fireplace, the tile, the Central Vac system. And then I kick myself. If only I would have been more patient!---- But I love my house now... I do!

-Anybody realize I have had 4 cars since I had Chloe..... Jetta, Kia, Burb, Goldie. Yeah enough said.

-I was induced with all 3 babies for my own selfish reasons. Chloe and Tay were fine... they were ready anyway. But Ky was not. Although she only spent 3 hours in special care, I hold that guilt right next to my heart to remind me everyday to slow the heck down and surrender control to the good lord who knows best. I am a control freak. I am working on it.

See, how embarassing is this?! But I let you see it. Like letting you see me naked... all flaws hanging out!--- Ok.... let's be honest Maybe it's not that bad!

I have been hyper about getting Chloe in Preschool. But then I thought how sad would that be to fast forward 3 years down the road and realize, Gosh, I could have had her all to myself and instead I pushed her. So instead I am going to Lakeshore Learning, (the store with everything you need to be a teacher) and am going to connect with my inner Pre School teacher.... and teach that girl!!!

So with all of this said. I decided to jump on the banwagon of gaining readers and followers by doing a GIVEAWAY!!!!!! I just never had anything come across my lap that I felt like I could give it away, but now..... Brace yourself! With a Comment and Following me you will be entered once for each action to win this............



A brand new Royal Blue Snuggie and book light!!!! Yeah, How cool is that ;)

You have until Saturday Morning!

And of course no post would be complete without my sweeties



10 comments:

rumzisfamily said...

Hey! How fun to have a giveaway!! I love your honest blog posts, it is so refreshing to have someone telling it like it is! I look forward to reading your posts!! Hope you guys are doing great and we miss you guys!

-Kristine

Jacque said...

Aly you crack me up! I think everyone feels that way at least ONCE in their life if not more! I love that you are "raw" on your blog it makes me feel more normal :) Oh and I cannot believe how big Kylie is!! She's so cute!

porter and karla said...

im already a follower so here is my comment!! If i win Im so giving it to porter as a valentines day present. Poor cheap Karla:) as for you describing yourself I am the same way. . . port doesnt get excited for any holidays or vacations because I get excited and talk and plan enough for the both of us! i think that is awesome too that you are going to teach cloe, i really want to follow and do the same in a few with Elizabeth!

Adell said...

Hope I win! :) Your girls are so cute!! I hope I have a girl someday!

suzanne8872 said...

I like to call them my LIFE LESSONS...

andermom said...

Wow, I can't believe how much Clint looks like Bob in that photo!

Alexa Mae said...

haha hey! chellis has wanted a snuggie for forever! love it. xoxo

☂niki. said...

i just adore you. i have always loved your honesty on this blog. after we all hung out at alex's that one day, i left thinking, " i really like that girl. she is so real and so relatable."

with that being said, i think we need to have another get together!

ConnieB said...

awesome! I'm in! :D

Chelsey Howard said...

You are so great. I love that you say it how it is!! Its so refreshing!! And I seriously think you could write your own book about motherhood and the craziness of it all. You have a great writting style! And trust me, you are not alone in feeling like you've jumped the gun a few times and not been patient enough or thought things threw. Its how we learn I guess.