Thursday, February 25, 2010

Quick Post

Oh Gosh, I have been so guilty for not sticking to posts. Really guilty. Last night as I bragged to my Parents about how EXtremely proud of my 3 year old I am... I thought, that is something that for surely deserves Blog light.

As we do every Wednesday we went to Story time at the QC library. I told Chloe a new friend was coming. One of my girlfriends who had never been before was bringing her daughter who is about 14 months--- and I never want any kid to feel left out, so I tell my little Mother Hen about it, and that kid will surely not be left out for the rest of the day. Chloe was hugging her and talking baby talk to her... totally doing what I would do. Making sure someone new felt welcome! She is so Me.

As I tried hard not to notice or not to be staring at one little family at Storytime who had a great difference from anyone else I had ever seen. The cutest Mom who had these 3 adorable triplets. 2 girls, one boy. I was amazed when I saw how put together they were. Dressed nicely, flowers in their hair. It wasn't until I looked twice that I realized her two cute daughters were conjoined at the tummy. My heart absolutely broke at that moment for the little girls, for the Mom, and for the little boy. I noticed the Mom didn't make eye contact with anyone. Almost as to not want to even acknowledge the stares or the sweet pity smiles. So I just tried not to look at her at all, it would have just been better.

BUT, did I mention my Mother Hen yet. She hovered over them. They sat on the ground and Chloe stood over them with a tilted head -and a sweet, curious smile. Then she walked over to me and said. "Mom, those two girls aren't sharing!" I explained. "Sweety, don't worry about it. they are ok. They are just a little bit different than you and the other kids.... but why don't you go and say Hi or ask them waht their names are."

So she did. She walked over and said "Hi girls." They kind of just looked at her like Who is this girl?! But they were younger anyways so it was perfectly acceptable.

Then Chloe moved on like a normal three year old. Walked up to the teacher to say "Miss Sarah.... I Love You."

My heart beats for this girl. My first born, My sweet little girl who has the 6th sense I handed down to her to be on constant alert for how other people are feeling. Maybe it was because I wasn't paying attention.... but I don't think more than one other child even noticed these girls or that they were different or struggling. And its not like Chloe knew "Hey those little girls are Conjoined"---- No. She had no idea. She just sensed that something about them was different and she needed to figure out how to help them.

I Love her. I love all of my babies. I am so blessed by you 3 girls: Chloe, Tayler and Kylie. Thank you for being Sweet spirits.

4 comments:

The Oxford Family said...

so sweet of her!

Ashley Smith said...

love it... touched my heart

Chelsey Howard said...

That is so sweet, my heart just melts when my kids are sweet to eachother and to other kids.

Anonymous said...

Chloe being Chloe !! You are right about one thing, she is gifted with a keen sense of awareness and reasoning skills a 3 year old shouldn't begin to understand. I was being my goofy self, sing songing, telling her that I loved her a million times over and that I would love her til she was a 100 years old and she smiled at me and said are you a hundred? and I busted out laughing and said no! Then with the sweetest smile she told me "don't worry, I will love you til your a hundred and forever." That will stay with me all the days of my life. You ladies ( x 4 )cease to amaze me. Love you. mommy