Saturday, February 6, 2010

And the Snuggie Goes to.....




ADELL!!!

Yay Adell, Love you girl :) Email me at my link and give me your address so I can pop that in the mail for you on Monday!

So Last night Jenna and I went to see Dear John. Wow, Channing Tatum was nothing but gorgeous and reminded me of Clint when we were back in our prime. Chills. What is it about those love stories that makes you want to just GO BACK and live in that first month of TRUE LOVE? There is nothing like it.

I remember kissing Clint for the first time in front of his friend Josh's house and it was like my feet came off the ground for a minute. Til this day, when I smell that cologne he wore that night and still wears today... it makes those memories flood my nostrils. mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

So with that said... I pulled out my old photo album I kept in high school and found some other memories that made me smile. Let me share. The photos are grainy because I do not have a scanner.

This makes me tear. This is my Mom at my High School Graduation.... balling her eyes out. And funny thing is she composed herself when she came down on the field, so I didn't even know she was this upset until my brother showed me the picture. Now that I have kids I feel I like I can feel her flood of emotions watching her youngest, her baby Graduate. That was it.... it was like I was no longer her baby. Little did she know I would need her now more than I EVER needed her before. I love you Mommy.



While we are talking about high school. I can't say anything about my Senior year at Red Mountain without mentioning Dance. When I see old pictures or videos of me dancing, that makes me tear. I think that is why I want it so bad for my kids... so I can watch someone I love experience how great it is to be a dancer. Even now when I am stressed or I here an amazing song that screams "Contemporary" I definitely bust out in improvisation! If only you could be a fly on the wall.


And this last one is awesome... pure awesome. Telluride 2004, ski trip with Clint's Grandparents and family. Second day we are waiting in a huge line to get on the lift. Me, Clint, Cathy, Bob-- (Clint's parents). When this Douchebag comes plowing through Cathy and I telling us to "Move up in the Damn line" when there was nowhere to move. Well eventually the douche made it all the way to the front and kept running his mouth talking about Cathy and I and like staring right at us. Everyone in line agreed he was a Skeez. When Clint whispers to me "I swear if he says one more thing....." After that, one thing lead to another Clint's skis are unstrapped he's going under the ropes up to this guy ever so calmly, with a plan. Funniest part about this story is his dad. Instead of holding him back or telling him to chill, Bob yells "Go kick his Ass Clint." And I look over and there it was, My Fiance in a brawl in the snow rolling around in the snow. I am shaking in fear... yelling at Bob to go help him, leaning down to unbuckle his skis myself to hopefully make him act faster than he was. "He's doing fine" Bob says to me, with confidence that Clint is doing exactly what he asked him too. Finally in what seemed like hours, Bob goes up there. People are screaming. It was chaos. Finally it is broken up and all I can see is the other guy's face. It was bad. Then I worried about my guy.... his back was to me. So Clint and his Dad and the Skeez get hauled away on Snow mobile type Cop cars. And there Cathy and I stand waiting in this huge line.... not knowing what to do. After about an hour we tracked them down up in the office at the lodge. We filled out Police reports.... and Clint was not invited back to the resort the next day, needless to say. Turns out though, the guy was an employee who I think was let go and we were sent free ski passes for next year. SO the rest of the week, I walked around with this guy.... with his slightly sexy black eye.
(you can barely see it in this picture, but you can take my word for it.)


I love being with a man that I know if I was in danger ever again, he would whoop some Ass. Now, That's a turn on!

Thanks for taking a trip down memory lane with me.

4 comments:

andermom said...

Love the story about Clint in the brawl. I can see Bob urging him on. Too funny. I agree. Nothing sexier than a man taking care of his woman!

Adell said...

Pictures from the past are so fun to look at. Made me think back to when we all came to one of your performances at RM. That was so fun. Also, that story in Telluride was great!

p.s. i might be a little too excited that I won! ha ha but I have really been wanting a book light, is that weird? anyways...yay!

Unknown said...

What in the world!!! I usually (spare you the public embarrasment of a bare bottom spanking)However, what's up with the dreadful pictures of me??? Can't I
at least have a say before you post 'em ? Bathing suits, crybaby faces and double chins are not meant to be shared with the blog world, especially your dear friends. We can call it "share" a great memory and then "spare" them the visual!!! That being said, I love you, I adore you and you my dear Aly are one of the best things that ever happened to me.
Clint is a mother's dream come true and those baby girls are the treasured light of my life. Love you, Slones!

Jenna said...

holy cow, I just read your moms comment and am in tears! She is the best, I love all your memories! And I love that pic of you dancing at red mountain. I loved coming to watch all your dances their, you were amazing!