Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Names.....

The dreaded part of having a child.... being responsible for what name you choose! I feel so much pressure in this scenario... ALWAYS! Like, what if my kid hates me later for choosing a Lamo name. I think I have done a pretty good job on the first two, but a third is hard, well I guess only if it's a girl, because then my 2 fav names are gone and it is time to keep moving down the list. I thought maybe I would share a few names with my Loyal blog readers, and even if you usually do not comment please give an opinion or a name choice, I would just love you for it!

So Clint and I really like to choose Old fahioned names... Tayler, we kind of just chose because we liked it and Emma was way too trendy so her name came out Tayler Emma, but Chloe Mae, and Yada Yada. You get it. We also try not to go too trendy either. Oddly enough, we usually start our conversations with "Ok well, lets think of celebrity names." (the Parents-- NOT THE CHILDREN) So tonight we are chatting and Clint is wondering about the Fabulously gorgeous, blonde haired, giant busted, Scarlett Johanssen??? Uh Huh! Of course he was!

All jokes aside, I really like it, I like Scarlett! Is that weird??? It;s a little powerful for a baby, but she would grow into it I guess.
I am thinking if we have a girl I really like the name Scarlett. The other name I really like is Reese (Yes Reese Witherspoon). But with our last name I am not sure it flows.

Girl: Scarlett, Reese--Clint really likes Audrey and Evelyn too. Those two really need to grow on me, but we'll see!

Boy: We have had it picked for a while-- Everett, call him Rett for short, or not. I also really like Hudson, but Clint doesn't like it. Maybe I can talk him into it...

Anyone have any other cute names they are willing to share.
*NO STEALING of NAMES ALLOWED :)

14 comments:

Laura said...

Benjamin is a good old name and Cole is a good name.

the bero's said...

i love he naem Delaney(lane for short or laney) jake hates it though...we wanted the name cahs for a boy but now we like wyatt. another girl name i love is willow, i like the hippy-ish bohemian style, who would have guessed, right?

good luck! agreeing on a name was harder than my labor with stella, she was about 3 hours old before we agreed!

the bero's said...

*name
*cash
boy, that was bad!

The Oxford Family said...

Names are tough...my favorite girl names were: Emmerson, Reese, Reagan, Kyle, Peyton, Presley, and I am sure a few more that aren't coming right to mind. As for a boy everything I loved Chris hated: Hudson, Mason, Carson, Carter, Landon, and as well, I am going to be there are others not coming to mind! Good Luck :) Ill have to check back and see your lists! I can't wait to find out what you are having!

The Oxford Family said...

PS
I do like the name Scarlett (my husband LOVES her) but it doesn't shorten very well...can't very well call her Scar :)

That's my issue...I always think of how it will get shortened. My daughter is Karly and we all call her Kar...all the time! We like Sawyer, but what will we call him for short?!? Soy?

Greg♥Amelia said...

Oh, I would LOVE to give my opinion! Baby names are such a fun topic of discussion. I think you two have done a great job picking some very nice names. For a girl, I like your Scarlett and Audrey picks. And I love Everett for a little boy! Very cute!!!

Jacque said...

YAY! I love picking out baby names. Kevin and I have already started debates over our next kid who wont be here any time soon!

For a girl I like: Olivia (call her Liv for short), I like Evalyn and you could call her eva or lyn. I like Ava too but I dunno if it would be too short for your liking.

For Boys: we went through a ton of names. I still like Braiden & Connor. Those name evolved into our babies names. Oliver is cute. We have kinda been on a O name thing lately. I like Cole alot too. I cant remember all the names we went through!

If I think of any more I'll let you know. But, you and Clint have picked out cute names so far so I don't think you'll have any problems with #3.

Megan Swiatkowski said...

I really, really like Scarlett. I think it's so pretty. You could always give her a middle name that could be used for a nickname. That's part of why we did Rae for Savannah because I don't like any of the shortened forms of Savannah (Vanna, Sav....sick), so we call her Rae all the time.

I also like Evelyn. There is a little girl at my school named Evelyn and she goes by Evi, which I think is cute.

I like Everett and Hudson. Hard to choose between those two.

I agree with you about Reese. It's really cute but I'm not sure if Reese Slone flows. But you could always break it up with a pretty middle name.

Like others have said, your 2 girls have super cute names so I'm sure you'll do great! :)

Courtney said...

Ah I also love discussing names! :) I have a friend who let her husband pick out their child's name (if it was a girl he picked and if it was a boy she picked). They had a girl and he chose the name Scarlett after the actress too. It's funny cause he just moved to America a couple of years ago from Turkey. My friend thought her husband would pick a Turkish name! :)

So yeah, I wasn't too keen on Scarlett before but I'm more used to it now and I really like it. And I LOVE Reese. That's a great one!

My personal favorites are different from what most people like. I LOVE the name Alice (shortened to Aly- but I guess that could get confusing at your house!) I also love the name Claire.

Oh, there was a girl on a show I was watching called Aubrey. I like that! I also like Audrey but Evelyn isn't my favorite- although I am intrigued with the Evi nickname- that's awesome! :)

For boys, I love the name Jack. Boy names are hard for me. I like Oliver too...

I can't wait to hear what you pick! :) Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be great!!!

Laura said...

Maiden name is Reeves. I went to Mountain View but graduated in 2003.

Alexa Mae said...

Oh names! My favorite part. All those names are great. I'm sure it will be easier when you find out for sure what you're having. Only about a week left! Woo hoo.

Scarlett is so dang cute and always be!
Everett is studly!

I love them all!

The Hoffman Family said...

I felt the same way when it came to names. I didnt want a boy name that will eventually get turned into a girl name. With that said we named our little boy Masen. Strong manly name right...a brick layer, hard laborer NO the neighbor just named her new born baby girl Maisen! But i like Everett or rhett alot. I also like Brawner and Tait! So ther you have it...my input!

Unknown said...

Names are SOOO hard!

It is funny you picked Everett! That is my father in laws real name but he doesn't go by it. He goes by his middle name instead (Shawn). I, on the other hand, love it! We considered it for one of our boys!

I think Scarlett is a pretty name. What would her middle name be though?? It almost seems like it would have to be one syllable....

Krystal Arnett said...

Well, I'm a weirdo about sharing my names and I only have a few in mind right now but I am not willing to give them up. But, I do like Megan's comment about Evelyn and calling her Evi. Evi is way cute and I like Everett too because it is different. I don't have any other boy names because I didn't even have a list for Talan. Boy names are hard. Good luck!