Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Dirty Laundry

Ok, so when reading a friend's blog this morning I was totally moved by her and her friends openess and honesty about Motherhood. I don't know if anyone caught Oprah the other day (Thanks Jenna for Reminding) about Mom's and telling our dirty secrets/ "airing out" our dirty Laundry for others to see. It was great. I actually plopped down in Clint's recliner for an hour and watched the whole thing (Who knows where the girls were)! Afterwords I felt so humbled and "Ok" about where I am at in my life and where I stand as a Mom with (will be) 3 kids at 23. So Here we go.... Lets "Air Out" the dirty laundry.

1. Every Morning I let my kids run wild {like I know they are in my house but have NO idea what they are doing} while I eat breakfast, Check Emails, Blog, surf the web for cute baby things.... you know, Me time.

2. I don't and have never changed Pee diapers... unless they are leaking! I find it a waste of a diaper.

3. If my kids have a cold/cough... I still use Childrens Tylenol Cold and Cough even though they say not too! I hide it in the back of the med chest so no one ever sees it ;) I am one of those Moms that thinks-- If it was fine 5 yrs ago, What the Hell has changed so much now???? BTW my kids are perfectly healthy and thriving... so I think I have a theory!

4. I regularly Bribe my kids with Candy and Cookies.

5. I constantly feel like My kids and I are being judged, so I Rarely leave the house without every one being cutesied up. UNLESS it's Fry's in Queen Creek-- in the 2 yrs I have lived here I have never ran into anyone I know, even though I know a lot of people in QC. -- Ahhh the Joys of being out of Mesa ;)

6. I hate being pregnant because of what it does to my body. Selfish I know, but I can't get over it. Along with this-- I always resent the Mom at the park who is super thin with designer jeans and perfect hair. Doesn't she know the rule of the Park??? Sweat Pants and ponies only!

7. I feel Motherhood drives you to be more envious than ever before. There will always be a cuter Mom with Kids who have more expensive clothes than yours-- and as much as we all say we don't care... We do! Admit it.

8. If I find a cup of Rotten Milk in my car, I will throw it away before I wash it out, because the thought of the smell that creeps out when you untwist the lid makes me DIE! Clint never understands why I always have to buy new cups... and I will never tell, luckily he doesn't read this!

9. Sometimes I feel like it would be less painful to bash my head thru a wall than listen to my kids whine and cry-- If I am in the car than the thought changes to Driving my Car thru a wall. I will admit this, because I have known many other mothers to say the same thing (Wont mention any names!)

10. There are MANY a nights that the thought of going to sleep is so much more appetizing than sex. But with the rules of keeping a healthy marriage and a quote a friend gave me a while back "Take it like a Champ" always lives on in my head and somehow helps me survive!

11. Misbehaved Kids Drive me Crazy! (But who am I to judge??? I know we are all in the same game) But still I can't escape it.

12. I yell a lot in my house... sometimes I fear with how much I yell and how much Tayler throws fits and screams, CPS may show up to search my house. Clint claims I need Anger Management, but I say I have an excuse to have a couple loose screws by 5pm. I am 7.5 months pregnant and have 2 toddlers pulling at my ankles all day... SO BACK OFF!

13. On a good week I only shower... ehhhh, probably 3 times out of Seven days! And I only wash my hair once to twice a week.

14. I would spend the last of my allowance on something cute that my kids have to have and simply stay home until next Payday. A good thing or bad I am not sure-- I just call it a sacrafice to being a Mom!

15. I usually cry when I hear of my friends graduating with degrees in Nursing or Teaching-- I think it is a part of me that always thought that is where I would be right with them, but my life clearly took a different path... for the better of course! Nonetheless it is like a little stab in the heart everytime I think I still don't have a degree.

16. I take my kids to the DR for everything! I know my pediatrician loves Us simply for the fact that we are probably the highest paying family in her practice! On my behalf though, I love my DR and she always has way better advice that any website or book out there.

17. I can't believe I forgot to admit this. I have the mouth of a Sailor while driving. Stupid drivers make me crazy!!!! I completely take all the blame that Chloe knows and corrects the word Sh*t when anyone says it, Luckily she has only said it herself twice. I try really hard to watch my mouth... but Hey no one is Perfect!

18. I think my hour of Blog time is up and I hear screams coming from the backyard, sounds like a hair pull type of scream, so I have about 3 more minutes. One more confession, I have learned to decode the screams of my girls and don't go to the rescue unless it involves a hit or a bleed. I guess they will be stronger because of it, right????

Well to all of you other Mamas out there, I encourage you to do this. It is Liberating! I am anxious to read your stories and get a good laugh. Take Care. And thank you Tami for this fabulous idea on a Wednesday Morning :)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't say I can relate to any of the others because I only have one and she is to little to run around the house or pull hair. However - I completly agree with the pee diaper changes. The only time I will change it if it isn't leaking yet is if it's so full I know the next one will leak or the next poop will explode. My theory is that diapers are good at pulling the moisture away anyway - and they are to expensive to change everytime they get a little wet.

The Oxford Family said...

I am seriously cracking up! I record Oprah but usually just delete them because I don't have time to watch them. A good friend of mine told me I had to watch it the other day and I was so thankful I did! There were parts where I was cracking up so hard and other parts that just really hit me hard! I think it is so important that we all realize we are in the same boat! Being a mom is so hard sometimes!

I think the one thing I relate to the most that you said was the rotten milk cups!! I used to do the same thing when Karly was small and will again! There is nothing worse than that smell and slime! Nasty!!! I do the exact same thing with tupperwares...I only buy cheap ones because if whatever was stored inside looks questionable I refuse to wash it...into the trash it goes!

and oh yes...the sex thing...now more than ever I would 100% choose to sleep over mattress dance any day or night! I will sometimes stay up longer hoping Chris will go to sleep because I feel fat and gross and just don't want too!

There are my confessions :) I think I may have to post a blog on this as well!

The Oxford Family said...

and another ps...I have totally been to that Fry's in Queen Creek to buy wine :)

Jacque said...

I only have two babies and I feel the same way you do about a lot of things! I rarely change diapers or shower my self. Being a mom has lots of sacrifices and I think we are good moms for making those sacrifices. When people get their degree's it makes me sad too. I wish that I could be in school and graduating soon. I feel ya on that one. :(

ps. I'm going to pick out fabric for a blanket and get it made some time next week. :)

Unknown said...

I totally watched that Oprah and was dying over how everyone was being sooo honest! I loved it. Rarely do you find moms wanting to confess things about how they raise their children.

I want to post... but I'll have to do it when I come back from vacation.

I'm suppose to be packing but I'm blog surfing instead!

Jenna said...

You are so funny!! I love this post and I totally feel the same way on almost all of these!

Anonymous said...

Thank God to people who keep it real! I love your blogs and I love how your never put on an act. It makes me feel like I can be a mother now! LOL! I have bad road rage too. Infact today, I almost rammed into someone on purpose that cut me off. People that can't drive piss me off. Hey and on the nursing thing...I feel the same way as you but only with kids. I feel like everyone is a mom except me. I should be raising my kids with all your guy's kids so they can grow up together. You will be a nurse, and I will be a mom. It's just a matter of time. I'll help you with nursing, if you help me with motherhood. By the way, you will make a lot better nurse because you had kids first. I promise you that. Love you Aly...

Tami Proffitt said...

triple arm pump on reality! especially love how we can still love ourselves for it...and also forgot to mention i'm with you on washing hair once a week...and PROBably a shower twice a week! good thing our husbands love us anyways....it could be worse ! we COULD pretend to be perfect and than have our girls grow up feeling like they have to put on an act...here's to keepin' it real!!!!!!!

Mary Taylor said...

I am cracking up and loving every second of this post!!! I am with you on every one of your confessions, especially the shower one....seriously I would have to wake up at 5:00 AM to get ready before my kids and that's not happening! I love this and I'm totally doing it to! Thanks for the idea :)

andermom said...

Ok, here's one for you young moms out there... You get so used to leaving the door wide open to use the toilet when your kids are little (so you can hear what is going on) that it becomes habit and 21 years later you may have your child ask you, "Mom, why don't you close the door when you use the bathroom?" And you will tell her that she will understand after she has her own kids! Privacy goes out the window after kids. :)

the bero's said...

ride on with the non showering-Jake calls me D.K.(dirty kid)!

I think part of the insecurity is being so young and having kids, ya know? And an added judgement for me is the tatoos and piercings I have. So I feel the same. Which brings me to my next admission- I am the opposite with diapers because I feel like everyone will think I let my kids run around with soaking diapers and rashes!
I have not been think since I had BRooke so I envy YOU with the weight situation! After I am done, I am soo going to the plastic surgeon-already warned Jake!

rumzisfamily said...

Thanks for this Aly! I needed this and you inspired me to "air out my dirty laundry". I will post today my secrets! I watched that oprah and loved it! It is time we all start being real about this! Love, me

Matt and Hilary said...

This is hilarious! I love it... as you know I've got plenty of dirty laundry :) At least you feed your kids :) I love your new background, it is so cute!

TrAvIs aNd SaVaNnA said...

HaHAHA. This cracks me up you are a great mom. And deserve major props. I saw that episode of Oprah too and it scared the you know what out of me. I was telling Kristine this too...Good thing travis wasnt there when I was watching it or we would never have kids lol.

Kyle Katie and Talen Slone said...

lol seriously I love your honesty its great!!! You are a great mom and I think we all feel like that sometimes hahah I totally need to do this dirty laundry thing, Kristines was great too hahaha :)