Sunday, April 26, 2009

You'll need about 10 mins for this....

Oh what a weekend it was! We went up north to Flagstaff for a little VACA to Clint's grandparents cabin. (This story is going to veer in many directions, so hang in there). Everything started off great Friday night... not a good night sleep at all, but there is NO place like your own bed, right? Saturday Morning my kids woke up ridiculously early and I found myslef sitting downstairs with them for about 2 hours until another soul woke up. It's so fun to be the Mom. So when Clint wakes up he tells me that this rash that he has had-- so now veer with me--

Clint has had a really bad rash on his Calfs from his work boots that we have been spraying and coating in Athletes Foot stuff to try and get it to go away.

So now return to Satudrday morning Clint wakes up limping saying it really hurts to walk and that his rash has gotten worse and feels really bruised. "What? Show it to me!" Oh my sick, it had boils filled with green pus all on his one calf and the rest were still the same just red bumps. So I just told him to take it easy and take a break (from the yard work they were doing for the property) if he needed to, and if it wasn't getting better by Sunday we would go to Urgent Care back home. {2 hours later} He come in and says I can barely walk, we need to go somewhere here. That's a huge deal for Clint-- this guy hasn't been to a Doc since he had food poisoning in 2005, not a trip to the Dentist since our wedding in 06. So I was worried. So I lay girls down for a nap, leave them with the fam, and we head to Flagstaff ER. Poor Clint was scared to death they were going to stab him with something... and they did, poor guy... but Low and behold he has Cellulitis! An infection that had spread from his skin into the tissues of his leg. He was put on strict rest for the rest of weeknd. OMG, my hubs, all of the sudden the sweet little man sitting in the gown on the bed absolutely stole my heart all over again. After they jabbed his leg for a culture to test for possible MRSA infection (Freaking out again) I got up to rub his head and realized... my gosh I love this Man. There is something about when a Mans Man lets his guard down that you really remember all of the little things you absolutely adore about him. Blah Blah Blah... mushy love stuff! So we're done, we go get lunch and ice cream while waiting for scrips, it was fun, kinda like a date!

That brings us to Sat night. Clint stayed home while we went out to dinner(Bob, Cathy, Erin, Eric, The girls and I, and Cindy- Cathy's friend). We'll just leave it at MY KIDS WERE AWFUL!!!! I didn't take one bite of my dinner-- had take it in a Doggy bag. Back to the cabin. We make it to bed at some point. Veering--{Chloe has been sleeping thru night in panties for a week, and the room we're in has a double bed, and Clint had a sleeping bag on the ground}. So Clint needed to sleep in the bed, and Chloe volunteered to sleep in the sleeping bag- So Mom, Dad, and Tay could sleep in bed. Well 2:00 am rolls around to tears from the ground Saying "I have a rash from my Pee" Crap! So I try and console her and then squeeze one more body into the tiny bed, No Kidding I had possibly 1 foot of space for me to lay sideways on the very edge of the bed. Well here we Veer again-- I can't lay on my sides at night because Kylie is some sort of weird breed who plays only sideways, so If I lay on my side its like she gets to jump on the bed thru my tummy- Ummm Painful and Yeh Right!
Then came the elbows and knees... I am laying there thinking Seriously this is miserable- fast forward me home and add 6 weeks to it! I am done being Pregnant! Done with the heartburn, Done with not being able to bend over- Oh Save Me Lord!- So I being the Dirty Laundry Mom I am go and lay in the sleeping bag that had pee in it. (Told ya Jamie) I was desperate for some sleep. I was disgusted yet exhausted, and being an 8 month prego mom of 2 toddlers- EXHAUSTION always wins the fight.

Welcome Sunday Morning. All I am thinking is... Pack and Get home ASAP! So the morning stretched on with approx 20 trips up the stairs, being puked on, yelling at my kids to stay away from GD staircase, taking care of crippled husband-- until we were finally packed and in the car-- Mom had to drive while 3 kids slept in the back, since big kids leg was out of commission. We made it home! I am alive. Barely. I don't think I will leave my house for a week now.

If you made it through this Long A story, Bless you friend!

Firday and then Sunday on way home

12 comments:

Tami Proffitt said...

OH MY GOSH girl! YOU are one trooper! if that would have been me...somewhere mid chaos, i would have ended up hiding in the closet in a full blown fetal position...and probably sucking my thumb! sending some serious hugs your way!

Kyle Katie and Talen Slone said...

oh man, what a weekend you guys had!!! Poor clint, I hope he gets to feeling better! That was so darn funny that we saw you guys at that resturant!:) Sorry we didnt get around to stoping by the cabin we have just been super super busy packin up!!! We will for sure see you soon though, I cant remember when your due date is, but if its not to close hopefully you guys can make it up for Talen's bday!! :)Anyways I hope you have a good week, get some rest, you need it!!!:)

andermom said...

What a weekend! Glad Clint got checked out. Cellulitis can be serious! Hang in there Aly. I hope the rest of the pregnancy flies by for you.

Matt and Hilary said...

Oh Al! I'm so sorry your weekend was so hard! Poor Clint! I hope he gets better and I hope you get some much needed rest this week :)

Alexa Mae said...

dang girl! that is one crazy weekend. im glad you're alive! and i cant believe your due date is coming up!!! how did clint get that infection? from the rash, and the rash from the boots? yikes! thats scary. CUTE pictures.

the bero's said...

Oh my lord! I hate those kind of days! Somehow it always ends though...I wuold have been terrified to drive home! I dont drive on road trips-especially in the mountains. Poor Clint it sounds really painful! Such a good wife for sucking it up and taking charge!

Greg♥Amelia said...

Wow Aly! You are such a trooper! Not sure how you do it with the 2 little ones and another on the way! Sorry to hear about Clint's brush with cellulitis, that can be a very nasty infection! Glad it wasn't MRSA :) Make sure he goes back to a doc or urgent care if it doesn't resolve after he finishes the antibiotics...I know how men can be!

Anonymous said...

Aly Aly Aly,
Just another incident to prove you are an amazing mother and wife. So sorry your vacation turned out to be not so much of one. I am so glad to hear that Clint doesn't have MRSA. After you are all done with having Kylie I am taking you out for some drinks. You deserve one...lol. I love you girl and I hope this week turns out to be much better.

Porter and Karla said...

Just when i think having two kids will be fun i read this and am back to stressing out.ha ha ha. I dont know how you do it, seriously you are a super mom. Im glad you are thinking during all of this that you still cant wait for your baby to be here. i keep thinkning how wonderful it is with him nestled inside, no crying no feeding just a little nudge here and there reminding me hes on his way soon. I will be needing pointers!!!

Krystal Arnett said...

Oh man, what a weekend. Sorry about Clint's leg that is awful. I know how you feel. I am the same way when I am pregnant. The last 6 weeks are brutal. Hang in there. I miss you. We for sure need to get together before your little one comes. I have one week left of craziness, then I don't start summer school until June.

The Oxford Family said...

I thought i had a bad weekend!?!?! You win!

Chelsey Howard said...

that's horrible!! You poor thing. Your probably looking forward to having the baby just so you have an excuse to get rest at the hospital:) I hope clint's infection heals fast.