Oh boy... here we go! First off let me just state that I really do LOVE my Mother in law. She is easy to get along with and sweet----- nothing like an Everybody Loves Raymond sitcom! But I will say the stigma of the "mother in law".... lives in your husband!
Subconciously... clint compares me to how his mom was. He denies it. He doesn't need to, because I know it. Not because he is a brat, not because he is shallow, but because it is somewhat natural.
You see, Cathy (MIL) is a major DIYer {Do IT Yourselfer}. She can do anything! She does yardwork without hesitation, She builds things, she assembles hard projects, she does it all!
All the things that I don't do. You may not know this about me, because I don't dress ultra girly.... but I am girly. I don't do yardwork, dust makes me sneeze, I don't like doing things outside when its hot, I hate when my hands or feet are dirty.......... the list goes on. Don't get me wrong I am very independent (I do finances, driving, take out trash)!
So yesterday I did my biweekly Costco shop, which means I came home with big bulky boxes, that I use for trash. SO i cleaned out my fridge and put all of the yuckies in the box.... cleaned rest of house and out the yuckies in the box and threw it in the dumpster. Then there was another one totally in the way of my clean island, so again I gathered trash..... filled the box and asked Clint to take it out. MISTAKE.
He got out to the garage and had a coniption fit.
"Aly! Seriously the trash just got emptied today and you have already almost filled it..... BLAH, did it ever occure to you that you can break down a box, BLAH BLAH BLAH."
Shaking my head I say "Sorry, I am sure you can figure it out, I have cleaned everything all day an dnow I have to put baby down." Whatev
Put babies down, Look over at Clint reclined in his chair.... and ask him if he knows where the Stainless steel magic is? "Yeah I do, but not until you break down those boxes."
"Are you seriously that lame, Clint?" I followed him out to the garage as he showed me how to, like tear the boxes and shove them in the dumpster. The only thought I was thinking was MY HANDS DON"T DO THINGS LIKE THAT... they are soft!
I say to him "Well it easy for you because your hands are always callused and you're a man.... you just do it babe!"
He's pissed and storms off inside. "No Stainless steel Magic then."
I opened one of his man drawers and there it was STAINLESS STEEL MAGIC! I won!
Even more pissed, he says "You just don't get it!"
Oooohh yuck I hate that! So I went out and did it. Went back to our room where he was laying in bed to make a statement........ and said
"The boxes are broken down.... but you married me knowing I am the way I am. I love you. BUT I am not your Mom. I love your Mom..... but I am not her and I am not as self sufficent as she is so deal with it!"
BAM..... now thats what you call "Winning the fight"
(Totally joking) There are no winners in a marital argument, everyone gets there feelings hurt!
"Love you Babe" I say
"Whatever, Good night" (He loves Me)
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















1 comment:
LOL! Gotta love those moments:) I am the same way. If anything needs to be done outside its Trevors job. He knows it too, and he can't complain cause he doesn't do any of the work inside unless its hanging stuff up:)
Post a Comment