Thursday, June 26, 2008

Why So Hard to Lose Weight?!?!?

Ok, so clearly I knew that after having kids I wouldn't just shrink back down to my old size right away, but I never thought would be this hard. Holy Cow! I have tried all of the quick fixes in my past and just recently tried the Lemonade Diet (YUCK by the way) and I just cannot do it. So I decided I just have to do this the right way. No Binging just because I dont want the Macaroni to go to waste or because the cookies are just so darn good. No more Randomly breaking out into jumping jacks and sit ups thinking it will even out the bag of cookies. I am going to do this right! I went on this website called Sparkpeople.com (Thanks Hilsy) and it tells me how many calories I should have per day to lose five pounds by next month. Then I just track what I have eaten throughout the day, and it tells me how many Cals, Fat, and Carbs I am at so far. It even knows Mcdonalds Fruit and Yogurt Parfait and Coffee (my weakness). Best of all, it is free! YAHOO. Now announcing that I am going to work hard on this the right way holds me accountable for sure. I just don't want the rest of my life to be about dieting. Our society sucks that everyone is so body concious, and feels so pressured to look like Nicole Richie after having a baby a month ago. Gosh! Ok, so that's my rant for the day. Thanks for listening. And seriously go check out that website... it's great!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you look great! Your babies are so little and you were practically preggo for 18 months! Baby weight is so hard to get off though! I usually don't loose my weight until my babies turn 1 and when I'm done breastfeeding too!
I'll go check out that site! I need all the help I can get!

Mommy's Five Minute Break said...

Aly you look amazing. Don't be too hard on yourself. If I could look like you after my pregnancy I would be so incredibly happy. You look great! We are always harder on ourselves.

Megan Swiatkowski said...

Girl...you're crazy! You look AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But.....I do understand. We'll stick with it and get back to our pre-preggo bodies (or as close as possible/ I don't think it's possible to ever get back to pre-preggo :) ) together! I'll have to check out the website. Plus I got all my weight watchers stuff and it's awesome. I'll show you next time we get together. Love ya girl and seriously, I don't think you realize how great you look.

Jake & Sarah Salmon said...

Wow I haven't heard of that website, but it sounds great! Thanks for the info I would really like to do that! Thanks Aly & good luck :)

Mary Taylor said...

I totally know. That website sounds great can't wait to check it out!

The Hoffman Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Hoffman Family said...

First let me start by saying YOUR TINY! Second if you feel frumpy and want a quick fix here is what i did and it worked! I bought the DVD's "slim in 6" off amazon.com for 1/2 the normal price. They are a series of DVD's to get your ass in shape quick! I lost 18lbs in 6wks and dropped 2 sizes. My mom did them and had great results as well. The best part is the first tape is 30min and actually kinda fun! The second tape is 45min and you wont be able to sit on the toilet! The third one is 60min but let me tell you...Im sold! If you need/want a slim in 6 buddy let me know :)