Can I just tell you how loved I feel by my loyal blog readers. While I don't have the most comments of all the blogs out there... I know my readers are out there. I have received a few sweet emails from people that I do and do not know and I just want you to know that you really MAKE my day when I hear from you and hear your opinions and advice! Really. But start commenting... I won't judge you as a blog stalker I promise!!!
Why is the word CAN"T so haunting? Even from the time we are little toddlers and someone says-- You Can't do that! Human nature is to go ahead and do it anyway and learn for ourselves Why we "can't" touch the stove or pull the dogs tail, because usually a painful outcome follows.
I guess those life lessons we learned when we were 2 all the way up to 18 were meant to prepare us for the difficult life full of Can't ahead.
Now when I feel like I can't do something it really makes me Mad... it makes me just want to do it anyway and suffer the consequences later. I hate Can't. {Is anyone sick of that word yet?- yeah me too}
Just a few days ago I was talking with someone close to me who is trying to have a baby, she said "You need to have another one Aly". Well it has come to me that I really would want another baby. I love babies. That's what I do. That's what I am good at. And seeing all my babies growing up so fast makes me want more! JUST CALL ME OCTOMOM :) Anyways I replied with a very glum "I just can't." "Really I can't we have not the money nor space for another life." Sad. Just knowing that I can't makes me want it even more.
I guess this is where the lesson in patience comes to play. Patience Aly, Patience. Maybe in 5 years we will have the money and space, maybe not. But at this moment I need to be content with what I have and wait to be handed my next job when the time is right. IF you ask anyone close to me I really am a hyper person... I have to have things done like NOW, or yesterday, or Last Week. I hate waiting.
I know I know We all CAN DO ANYTHING WE WANT TO DO, but really there are somethings that you just Can't do... at least right now. Case in point:
I let chloe look at some jewelry online and pick something she wanted for Christmas... of course she picked a $35 necklace-- Cute as ever but I just Can't afford that-- Boo! Maybe next month. Or maybe I will find something to sell, hmmmmm
I was invited to a parade in Tempe this morning with a good friend of mine but I just CAN'T do things like that. Me Myself and I with 3 kids at a parade = DISASTER
I just Can't seem to get all of my laundry done... EVER, there is always a huge pile the next day. On the flip side... at least have all of his laundry. I don't know what I would do without that man.
So what is it you just Can't do that drives you crazy??? Tell me.
Kisses!















8 comments:
I can't go to bed before 1am every single night! No matter what I do, what drugs I take or how tired I am I stay up past then. I can lay in bed for hours and not fall asleep. I also hate the word can't but sleeping at night is just something that isn't possible for me!
I can't seem to lose weight after these 3 kiddos(4 prgnancies) in 3 years! ugh!!!
i would totally have another---if i could get a dang boy!!! but all the reasons you say you can't are the same that I can't either. :(
but I am also kinda getting excited about the next stage in the kids' lives: like disneyland, etc. all the stuff that you can't do with a baby. it sorta makes me feel better when i get sad about them growning up or me not having anymore.
Can't, can't, can't is ALL I've been hearing these past few weeks, while on bedrest! I'm gonna scream if I hear it again. Like Amelia, I too, am a type A personality. I like things done to perfection and like them to be done my way. I get down on myself if I haven't accomplished something during the day that I had planned on.
It has really been humbling to just sit back and be served by my friends and family as we awaite these babies to come. I have learned to just sit back and relax and "not care" as much what my house looks like or what my kids are wearing or what I'm wearing for that matter. Really, if you have happy/healthy kids, then you have succeeded. It is hard to do that everyday. Motherhood is hard.
I think you are great.
Maybe instead of things you "can't" do focus on all the things you "CAN" do.
I can't sing and it drives me nuts. No matter how hard I try to be like Carrie Underwood it just doesn't happen. I was born with a man voice and I just need to keep telling myself it ain't gunna happen. I can't get a boob job. My conscience won't allow me. I have the smallest boobs in the world and I hate it. It's a war in my head every day...to boob or not to boob. I can't ever get one because I would feel God would be very dissapointed at me and I know I would regret it and want to rip them out as soon as I got them. Brandon would also be mad. (For all of those who do have boob jobs, I don't judge you, this is a me thing, for all of you that have big naturals (lol)...I hate you (of course I'm kidding)). I just keep hoping that someday when I do have kids they will grow into something bigger than the tiny little 32A's that are sitting on my chest right now.
Laughing hysterically Britt! How bout this... We'll trade!!!! Mine are constantly in the way. As i recall I think you saw mine up close and personal at one of the finest moments in my life.... Ha Ha Ha :)
And Andrea, Yes you are right. I do need to focus on all of the wonderful things I CAN do. I love me an optimist!
I just thought I would let you know I look at your blog quite often...I was it on Kyle and Katies, I'm not some creepy blog stalker..but I do love reader yours. Your girls are so so so cute!
I heart you ALY!!!
I can't spend ANY money because of hosptial bills!!! (Even with fantastic health insurance, bills keep growing)
I can't find the motivation to fold the pile of clean clothes that I have thrown in the guest bedroom. It scares me!
I can't seem to stop getting tickets!
etc. etc. etc. etc. I could go on forever. If I was a more positive person I would probably say... I CANT COMPLAIN!
I can't ever get laundry done either, and I swear its one of the most frustrating things ever!! I just want to feel the sence of accomplishment you get after finishing a project, but my project/chores are never ending:(
I can't budget, and I abhore doing so!!
I can't go to school right now, and I'm like you, when I want something I want it now!!
And I can't for mental health reasons have another baby right now. I absolutely will wait at least 1 more yr. if not 2 before getting pregnant again.
Post a Comment