Sunday, November 15, 2009

God is Great, The Beer is Good, And People are CRAZY

So says Billy Currington.

And I agree. God is Great, Beer IS good, and People are Bleepin Crazy.

Ok, so I am a Nancy Grace fanatic. Yes she kind of beats the same horse at times, but she tells stories that should make every mothers bones shake... and mine do.

People truly are crazy in our world today and it really scares me. Scares me a little for me, but mostly for my 3 daughters.

Since when did it become ok to stand outside of a Homecoming Dance and watch a 15 year old girl be brutally raped for two hours... and not one of the twenty people watching had any instinct or balls to call 911 or try and help her. All this happening... while her Dad sits waiting in a car to pick her up. Disgust!

Since when do you set a boy on fire because he owes you $40???

Since when do you push a boy in front of oncoming traffic because he is a loser??

Since When did it become routine that when a child goes missing, to search all of the surrounding wooded areas for a dead body?

Since when is it an answer to just kill your child when you decide... Gosh I am not enjoying being a Mom today.

How many kids have been kidnapped and murdered this year?? How many murdered at the hand of their own parent who inturn tried to blame it on something else. These numbers would be interesting to see---- someone who has more time than I do, Go on and get me some numbers :)

So with this all said... more now than ever I have realized how big of a job I really do have. I have to put every ounce of my being into protecting my three beautiful daughters from the creeps out there in the world. Teachers, Bus Drivers, Students, Neighbors, Registered Sex Offenders-- It truly can be anyone who cathces your child at the wrong place wrong time. Actually that is what Shawn Hornbeck's Captive told him when he asked "Why Me", he replied with "You were in the wrong place at the wrong time." Scary.

I will stay home with my kids. I will drive them to school. I will pick them up from school. I will be the Mom who chaufers the teenagers to and from the movies and the mall. I will check in with them on an hourly basis. I am going to be "THAT" Mom, but I don't care. Maybe they will be embarased of me, Maybe they will think I am a "Cool Mom" {Excerpt from Mean Girls}... Maybe they will hate me. But at least they will be alive to feel those feelings.

Ranting, I know.

So, My Lovely Brother Andy... whom I know is reading.{And who I just adore and hold no hard feelings towards for pushing me to Pursue my dreams rather than stay home... Love you And} Yes, I am a little bit of a crazy Mom.... but nowadays you just have to be.

This is my Calling, This is my job... to juggle these 3 divas, keep them happy, healthy and safe.

6 comments:

Matt and Hilary said...

Amen Sister! Love ya!

The Oxford Family said...

I totally understand your fears! I sometimes feel selfish for even bringing children into this world that seems to only be getting worse! Don't worry...we will be THAT mom together...so they may be embarrassed for a few years....owell :)

Jenna said...

Amen to that! I think we're all right there with ya :)

Unknown said...

Raising kids in this world today just flat out scares me! What ever happened to the good 'ol days when we, as kids, could ride our bikes around the block until it was dinner time? I miss those days. I won't even let my kids go outside unless I'm right there. It just isn't fair.

rumzisfamily said...

You are so amazing! Being a mom is the hardest job we will ever love. Good people should have kids so that we can try to shed some light in this scary society! At the same time the fears are never ending and I commend you for making that choice and I too will be "that" mom that takes my kids everywhere and knows what they are doing every second! You are such a great mom, an inspiring woman, and an incredible person! Your girls are precious and I hope to see you all soon!
Love, Kristine

Chelsey Howard said...

ALy you are amazing, and seriously the exact mom that I want to be!! I will carpool with you to all these different activities. It really is crazy out there, and I think I could just cut and past what you just said onto my blog.