Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Lost and {Thankfully} Found

My Pups... My babies went missing yesterday! It was probably one of the worst, most scary days of my life.

These two bandits




They escaped out of the back gate about 40 minutes before I realized they were actually gone. I calle dthem in to clean up after hte girls lunch, naturally. And thought hmmmm, Where could they be?? I walk to the side yard to find the gate WIDE open. Panic took over me. Absolute panic.

I threw naked Tayler and flithy chlo in my car, unbuckled and sped down the street, yelling there names. WAIT! I forgot a kid. {This is a real story and if you call CPS on me, I will just kick you.... she was asleep and I was back in 5 minutes}

When I realized I was going to be on a more extensive search than just my street, I went back home.... Put a diaper on Tay, Got Ky up and put her in her carseat and loaded up again, this time buckled!

So we drove and drove in circles and more circles. Asking everyone I had seen if they had seen two pugs. Until one person said "Yeah I saw one go down that way" Tears immediate tears burst out of my eyes. How could they not be together. One of them has got to be dead or dog napped. Pure Panic. Then I see a sweet old lady giving Fred some water up the street. Sweet!

Again tears as I picked up my baby. The first baby that ever came into Clint and My life. The puppy that we wrapped in receiving blankets and put in the middle of us at night. I would just die if something happened to my Freddo.

Ok, so now we are on the search for Tank I thought he would be just around the corner. I look at the clock it is 12:30. I got in my car originally at 11:30. So we're looking and looking and looking with no clues no one saying they had seen anything but the dog that was in my front seat. I called Clint telling him I didn't think it was good. He headed home to help me start looking harder. My Lovely SIL hilary headed over and drove some loops with me and still nothing. At this point we cam to the decision it was time for two things check Scnepf Road for a body, or Make some signs up for someone who took him home to keep him safe. Hil headed out to make signs. It now is 2:00. I have almost lost all hope. I drove home again to make sure he wasn't just hiding inside or maybe waiting at the front door, tounge hanging out, Saying HA I got ya Mom! Then Clint gets home and we head out again. He heads to the back of the neighborhood... I head to the field behind our house. Nothing. 2:30 comes with a phone call saying "Guess who I found?!" Clint asked to 2 workers if they had seen him anywhere... "No ingles" but they pointed ------> and there he was, says Clint Laying like a seal on the pavement. Alive. Tired. Scared. Lost. Thirsty.

"Tanker" Clint yelled. Tank Put his head down real scared like... the clint yelled again "come here buddy!" Then tank realized Wait! That's My Daddy! and ran to clint.

A Happy ending that I am so so thankful for. It could have ended much worse than that. Roadkill, A coyotes dinner, the hands of someone evil.... it could have been bad for my helpless little Blind in one eye Tany Wanky Boo :)

But they are home safe Cleaning up another lunch of chicken nuggets today! Ahhh, the life of a Slone Pug................ Now they are equipped with stylish collars and updated tags!


5 comments:

Jenna said...

That is so scary, I'm so glad you found them though and they're okay! Thanks again for the girls clothes! They are so cute, it was good to see you yesterday!

andermom said...

I'm so glad they are home safe and sound! :)

Unknown said...

That would be so scary. To think you lost something you love so much. I am so happy you found your doggies and that they were safe. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Courtney said...

Tears came to my eyes just reading this story aly. I'm so glad for the happy ending. Luka got out once. He was around the corner and some neighbors called me (I was dog sitting for two other dogs so there were three to find but they were together). Anyway, I was FREAKING out. I'm SO glad you found them!

ConnieB said...

Oh my gosh, that's so scary! But I'm so glad you found them!

btw pugs are one of my favorites...too cute!!