Yes. I have come to the conclusion that I need to designate a day to getting everyone showered and groomed.
Shower Day The day Mom herself showers-- including washing her hair and then blowdrying and straightening, each kids gets a nitty gritty scrub down, nails clipped and teeth brushed.
This morning this idea came to me. Because... before dance, I thought I desperately need to shower. I refuse to go out looking like a HOBO again today. So no biggie, I'll just bathe everyone and myself in one hour, right??? WRONG!!!!!!
I have never been so rushed and stressed out in my life!
So now I have come to the realization that we need a day dedicated to this. Pathetic, a little.
As I am reading this back... it really sounds like I only bathe myself and children once a week. Not the case. I promise! But only once a week do I wash my hair and get ready. And only once a week do I demand both kids get their scalps scrubbed and get their manes lubed up in conditioner. Yes, I did just say Lube... for lack of a better word. I know I have too many family members that are reading this that are definitely laughing! And I try really hard to brush my kids teethe everyday... but it is hard, ok.... don't judge me! But on Shower Day, I pin them down and scrub them toofers. Go Me!
So cheers to Shower Day... I am thinking Wednesdays. So if you call, text or email on a Wednesday and I don't answer... you'll know why!
Tommorrow I will be back to address my Bother telling me I am a crazy Mom!!
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















8 comments:
haha I just love you! I feel the same way it seems like I never get ready anymore and I only have one child for NOW lol.... I rush to get myself all together before Kyle walks through the door, I know huh silly. I know he doesnt care at all but sometimes I still want him him be like oh theres my beautiful wife, or so he says! :) Hope you guys are doing great!
You crack me up!
Today was my shower day too-- it had been 4 days without washing my hair! SICK!
hahaha this is so me!!
hey i think its wonderful we busy moms save on our water bill by not showering, our electris bills without using the blowdryer and straightner and we dont have to buy make-up as often if we never really put it on right? really we are just going green.
LOL!! If it makes you feel any better I only brush my kids teeth a night before bed, and not in the morning and my husband hates that I don't do it twice a day. And I only wash my hair 2 times a week. And I don't shower everyday, I wish I could, but seriously who has the time or the energy.
P.S. I would never guess that you have a hard time cause you and all 3 of your kids are always so done up!! So freaking cute all the time!
serioulsy! Chelsey took the words right out of my mouth! jake calss me d.k.---dirty kid because of my lack of showering every day...i smell, er, feel your pain!
ha ha! love it!
Post a Comment