Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Regressing
Ok, so the last week Chloe had Peed her bed every night. She comes in around 3 am saying "My bed is wet Mom... Can I get in yours?" The first couple nights I actually got up changed her sheet and sent her back, but now I am just getting tired of it. What the heck is going on? She takes a sippy to bed, which I have tried to yank... but I can't. BUT BUT BUT she will wake up around 10:00 to go pee in toilet. So what do I do.... Put her back in a diaper???? Or try to explain it to her... Or go thru the Hell of taking away hers and Tayler's sippy at night?? Because clearly they sleep inches away from eachother and I know blows will be thrown over 1 sippy. Ugh I hate this... I have 4 weeks to figure it out. I need 2 toddlers who go to bed and don't see them again until 7:00am... Is that too much to ask?!?!? Ha Ha, try and hold your laughter in!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















8 comments:
Hi Aly,
That's interesting that Chloe is going to the bathroom at 10 AND is wetting the bed. There are a couple of things I'm thinking about. First off, what if you don't put much water in the sippy cup at night so she has the comfort of having it but doesn't drink so much that she has to pee.
Also, there may be something more going on. Does she understand that she's getting a new sister soon? I know I'm getting all psychological here but maybe she's worried about the new baby and how her relationship with you will change. I know she's young but kids have a really good intuition. I know it seems like it's not the point at all but wanting to sleep in your bed at night might be subconsciously causing her to wet her bed.
you just might have to yank to cups away! Brooke is so attatched to her cup too. She gets one about every other night.
Putting less in it is a good idea, and maybe the diapers at night just until she can keep them dry again...it is amazing to me that she has even been potty trained for so long-brooke is totally NOT yet!
I would for sure not put pull-ups or a diaper on her at night. If you do that, it is like giving in to her regression.
I would start a "keep your bed dry" reward system. I've done it before. It works.
Make a chart on poster board and every night she is dry put a sticker. When she gets 5 days straight in a row do something special for just her.
I have a potty training book that works wonders... it is an online book. I can forward it to you.
What is your email?
I totally agree not to put her back in a diaper cause then she'll just get used to being able to pee at night! That online book Andrea's talking about sounds awesome, e-mail it to me after you get it! Good idea too not to fill their cups all the way, just enough to comfort her, and if worse comes to worse, wake her up at like 2 to go. You'll figure it out, you always do, you're an amazing mom!
Wish I had some good advice...but clearly I'm not there yet! Sounds like other people have some good words of wisdom. Remember what you do so I can ask you in a year!
Agreeing with everyone...yank the cups. It's just not a good habit, give them a little drink before bed and that's it until morning. Also agree with not going back to diapers or pull ups all that tells her is that its ok to pee at night. She really could be reacting to the new baby coming. A lot of people have similar experiences with little ones. The dry bed reward system sounds like a great plan! If it continues I would maybe check with a doctor to be sure she doesn't have an infection or anything.
dont you hate that this is happeneing when you have few precious nights left to sleep? bad timing. I dont know anything about potty training so i dont have any advice but if you get that book i would love if you forwarded it to me for the day i finally do decide to potty train:)Good luck, I hope it gets figured out soon. If it makes you feel any better Elizabeth has decided to wake up at 6am this week when she usually sleeps until 830am.im not excited to give up sleep here pretty soon.
Its not to much to ask. You need your sleep in able to function the next day and do everything all over again. If I were you I would take both sippy's away and have hell for a week. But every kid is diff. and you no your kids better than anyone. I just hope you get your sleep:)
Post a Comment