Sunday, May 31, 2009

I've Been So Lucky!

This weekend was so surreal to me, I feel like I was living the life of someone else. I just usually do not get this lucky! I'll give you some background to why this is.

Clint is the most giant homebody EVER. He hates going out. He claims "I drive all day at work and the last thing I want to do when I get home is get back in the car." Ugh! Well My Job is to be home all the time, so you can see where this gets frustrating. We make do though! Opposites attract, right?! Reason #2- Neither of us like to spend "extra" money on dates, if and when we have it- it goes to stuff for the girls or extra groceries or Gas for the beast! Soooo, Much to my surprise on Friday we took the girls to his Moms house and went out to Dinner at Red, White, & Brew. We sat outside and just sat and chatted forever and laughed and chatted some more. What wonders a night out will do for a couple of tired parents! Love Love Love my guy... He is definitely ONE of a kind.

Thennnn, Saturday Morning Jenna had an idea to leave the kids with the hubs and go have a girls day. Brilliant idea, and so out of the norm for either of us. The 2 of us ALWAYS have our shadows closely following. So we just tried out this cute little Nail Salon right near by... hoping for the best as it was called OBEBE (Oh Bebe)Funny the names they come up with ;)! But it was amazing. The chairs were super high tech, some lady brought us water bottles, and the men rubbing our calfs were to die for. WAIT... that read bad, not the men themselves but the leg rub rather, HA! Then we went to the New Costa Vida here in QC and it was awesome. I haven't had that in forever and Oh what a treat to have it around the corner now.
With more of an itch than ever to continue buying things for my little bundle, but nothing left on my TO-GET list...we decided to go to this little Baby Boutique down the street and simply browse around. It was too cute! Didn't find anything I needed, but I found 2 little things that I couldn't leave without. A binki that has one up on the Soothie that I ridiculously spent 3.75 on-- 1 BINKI!!! And then some clever Mommy had the idea of packaging up ribbons for "Bald Babies" and attaching a little sample pack of KY on the back with directions of how to Stick your baby with these cute little ribbons. $2.99. FUN! But I defnitely need to close my wallet now and stop buying silly little things like this.
As Much as I'd like to take credit for the cute skinny foot on the top... Mine is the Swollen one :)




Alright I am done talking your ears off. I will Never take weekend like this for Granted :)

9 comments:

the bero's said...

I love that nail place! my and my sis in law go there all the time! they give the best massages...and if need an eyebrow wax, they are arelly good at that too. sounds like you had one last fun weekend before the sleep deprivation starts-good for you!

Megan Swiatkowski said...

That sounds like a great weekend. Good for you and Jenna!!!

Krystal Arnett said...

How fun, you two definitely deserved it!! I'm getting so anxious for you, can't wait to meet Kylie!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you guys got a day off-- you both deserve it! Next time you should come with us to the hotel and pull an all nighter!

Jenna said...

That was so much fun, we definately need to do it way more often! 3 more days!!! I still can't believe it, I'm so excited for you!

Chelsey Howard said...

Good fo ryou. A girl day or night is always fabulous. And it refreshes you and makes you a better mom:) I'm glad you guys had fun:) And I like that nail place, I think its the best one out here. there's a few closer to my house, but I like that one better.

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!! Glad you got some time to just kick back and relax and treat yourself to something nice! I love you and Jenna, you both look so cute in that bottom picture. I didn't know they had a costa vida in queen creek? I love that place!

Chelsey Howard said...

Shea dances at Dance Matrix by the Fry's by your house. Sorry about today:( We'll have to do it after you have the baby and are feeling adventurous enough to take 3 kids!

The Oxford Family said...

Glad you got a little pampering! I just had a pedi and I swear I could have kissed the little asian man rubbing my calves...heavenly!